lolage

TSPAG

wheres mah fuckin money

Kinyu

popkõrns

Waiting for vier to get a new sniper/scout with non-premium account /hint

dougiie

CotC

did quite well today on reddit it seems. Quite a good reaction all in all.

It might have got a few people :)

RaCio

GoT²

There should be an active open pickup channel again imo.

Pickups were one of the main ways players got into competitive play.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

IRC isn’t noob friendly tbh, however TF2Lobby is kinda filled with tards/trollers so maybe IRC is actually a good retard filter.

By retards I mean people that go to lobby with the sole intention to troll, not people that are new at the game.

Jammi

Tf2 moving to a F2P system is what got me in the league. I already gotten myself in IRC, but only in the Etf2l channel. I don’t really know any other channels besides the tfwars one.

Atm i find pubs really easy and boring, might of just be me, but everybody is acting so foolish on them, that it makes the game slow and booring.

RaCio

GoT²

IRC takes a bit of effort to make it work, but that only makes it sure that you’ll mostly get people are more serious about things. I’ve seen lots of people get into the game trough good pickups. A new open pickup with experienced players willing to play would be a great addition to the other efforts imo.

Jammi

It isnt really that hard, I managed to register my nickname and email to the server. I just need to learn how to start playing tf2 using irc channels.

dauk

If you’re not able to log in into irc I don’t think esports is a thing for you then.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from Jammi

It isnt really that hard, I managed to register my nickname and email to the server. I just need to learn how to start playing tf2 using irc channels.

Hey Jammi welcome to the scene!
The situation at the moment with IRC pickups is a curious one…

The two most active English speaking ones are #pixeltf2.pickup and #mpuktf2.pickup2 both of which have barriers to entry, the latter more so.

There used to be an open one at #mpuktf2.pickup but with the rise of TF2Lobby.com it went in to decline, but if you are serious about playing competitively TF2Lobby won’t satisfy you for long as the teamwork/communication is very hit and miss.

Maybe the admins will step up and reopen the public channels, but for now your best bet is to try and get involved in mixes etc. because hearing people’s comms makes it so much better!

huhystah

I invited him to the pixel pickup, nice guy

Jammi

Quoted from huhystah

I invited him to the pixel pickup, nice guy

Yes, thank you huhy for letting me in :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4