Forum

TF2 IS NOW FREE TO PLAY

Created 24th June 2011 @ 08:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Waebi

‹Con›

Fun summer season, testing some unlocks that may be viable maybe? :)

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

TBH random people will just join and play public for a few weeks/months first anyway – Then maybe they’ll stick with the game and go to try comp?
In the immediate future we need a post on cadred as that will attract the next gen of comp players tbh as thats where the more comp savvy type of players go. I suggest an update on that tf2 is now free + a big ass well thought out version of “Noobs guide to TF2” so we can help people get over the knowledge hurdles as much as possible.

Also maybe think about re-popularizing mpuktf2.pickup? A public pickup channel always helps.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

ThePledge

Competitive TF2 should showcase the game as much as possible over the next 1-2 months. Hosting multiple cups, getting the best casters/coverage, creating (somewhat proper) trailers, replay competitions, fragmovie competitions and stuff like that comes to mind.

The best way to get people involved is to just hype our game. As much as possible. All the time. Show them that public tf2 is fun, but competitive can be amazing with proper coverage and some build up to it. That should lead to a massive increase in general tf2 players, and therefore into competitive tf2. Let’s hope Valve’s AC system is as good as they make it sound.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and to all the people who are complaining about spending money on this game and now it’s free – I bought the entire Orange Box in October 2007, when the entire thing was released. I have exactly 1989 hours of TF2 playtime atm. Can’t say it wasn’t worth the money ;)

Last edited by ThePledge,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Agree with Pledge – top level coverage still going ‘UK v Spain Lower bracket final, Nations cup final, ETF2L final…etc’ should be showcased as much as possible.

And of course…tournaments for all us summer tryhards!

Bonkers

Gonna need more AC admins when more people start joining the competitive scene

mosepose

WWCD
{o,o}

We need ppl to actually do something, not just talks about it, if we wanna take this chance.

Last edited by mosepose,

Atkins

Velox.
TSPAG

Edit: nvm, Probs need a bigger ac admin team though

Last edited by Atkins,

Mr. G - String

DStS

Quoted from Atkins

We should get our money back or some kind of payment

no, we get a free hat

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

thank god we have esl wire

Ched

.tony

I forsee leagues only allowing premium accounts to participate in order to prevent hackers using duplicate accounts and so on.

I also forsee the hatconomy being completely screwed over.

Much rage shall be had between free2players and premium elitists.

ups

In the second link OP posted there’s plenty of people who bought the game just before it became free to play. Sucks for them!

Quoted from Bonkers

Gonna need more AC admins when more people start joining the competitive scene

Not when, if. You have to remind yourself the majority of those people have little to no competitive experience.

Not entirely sure if releasing a game on a new f2p model during the summer when all the leagues (apart from wireplay’s 7v7) are dead is a good thing as well. Sure, players from other competitive games have some time to try it out, but it’s going to be a trial in a non-competitive environment, which isn’t as enjoyable.

Quoted from ThePledge

Competitive TF2 should showcase the game as much as possible over the next 1-2 months. Hosting multiple cups, getting the best casters/coverage, creating (somewhat proper) trailers, replay competitions, fragmovie competitions and stuff like that comes to mind.

+1 to this, not sure if it’s really possible during the summer though.

Last edited by ups,

Stimpy

http://www.teamfortress.com/freetoplay/faq.php

ok well if i got this correct, you setup a free account. buy a gift wrap and you have the same account as someone who had paid originaly? so u could potentially setup loads of idle accounts? I will have to get some on my mate to come play tf2 now. Already trying to get my boss @ work to play. :)

Q. How does the Coaching feature work?
If a new player on a Free account upgrades to a premium account and indicates that you were their most helpful friend, you will receive a wearable item. Helping new users via the Coaching feature is a great way to meet new players and help them out!

Where is my free shit? I have been helping people for ages..

Last edited by Stimpy,

WOODY[

Op4

the last “fun summer season” almost went as bad as season 9

Squide

keso

TF2 Comp. gaming is dead.
TF2 Public gaming just went huge!

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from kaidus

Mmm etf2l definitely needs to reconsider their summer stance in light of this imo.

I think it’s worth remembering that reason ETF2L do this isn’t because of themselves, they’re just providing what the community wants. Everyone goes into super-cba mode over the summer. There is zero point in running a summer season unless the majority of the community is actually going to play.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »