Forum

TF2 Uber Update

Created 21st June 2011 @ 01:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 14 Next »

Ripple

septique, lol’d :D

read the FAQ, VALVE MAKES US NOT RISK DAT!

Q. Won’t going Free to Play mean more griefers and cheaters?
We’re increasing our focus on making sure that hostile players can’t ruin your fun. Specifically, we’ll be keeping a close eye on players exploiting the ability to make infinite free accounts to bypass bans. We’ve built systems that’ll allow us to measure and track what these players are doing, and respond quickly.

Wabbeh

Quoted from Ripple

Specifically, we’ll be keeping a close eye on players exploiting the ability to make infinite free accounts to bypass bans. We’ve built systems that’ll allow us to measure and track what these players are doing, and respond quickly.

There is pretty much nothing which can be tracked that people cannot change, oh and inb4 a runescape or some shit-esque subscription to be able to use some weapons.

Waebi

‹Con›

it will definitely mean an influx of people who think “lolp imma grab a quick new account and a hack and go rage some publics” – on the positive side, we should get a LOT of new players as well. The game is on the fucking Steam Store front page after all.

Paria

Rob1

Just wait & see, it could be an excellent turnover for the tf2 comunity, as much as it could mean its death.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Wabbeh

[…]

There is pretty much nothing which can be tracked that people cannot change, oh and inb4 a runescape or some shit-esque subscription to be able to use some weapons.

I wonder how long someone would continue to make new steam acc’s just to be able to cheat in a F2P game. Seems like so much effort for so little enjoyment.

Pandello

imo etf2l will be pwned soon with ALOT of teams using hacks.
Well, lets hope f2p will increase the popularity of competitive tf2 and we will see tf2 on huge events such as dreamhack or IEM

kuma

Actually, the quick fix sounds like a good weapon and I would love to see it for comp TF2.

I’d even go so far to say I’d prefer this + kritz and remove uber :DDD

Last edited by kuma,

evokje

WiK?

Medic is even more fun to play now, we should allow them in the vanilla+medlocks i think
And the medic movie is the best tf2 thing i have ever seen

Last edited by evokje,

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Does the “immunity to movement-impairing effects” include airblast and enemy explosions, or just things like the Sandman?
Also it seems:
Kritz > Quick Fix > Uber > Kritz which seems pretty awesome
(I’m not sure how well the Quick Fix will fare against uber, but it seems the medic gets healed so fast that it’s difficult to kill him. Also the Quick Fix charges faster so they will be able to push first)

Last edited by Starkie,

qkls

qkls

What does the new syringe gun do?

EDIT: Whatever got it.

Last edited by qkls,

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quick fix is ok, IMO should be allowed. Not sure about the medigun, how fast 10% faster actually is? And the head should be banned IMO, it removes clutch ubersaws which are one of the greatest things for spectators in this game.

Dr Icecream

So you can basically make a new steam account, download the game and start playing it on etf2l? Hackers are going to love this…

vani

Bully

+40% base heal rate = lol op
no overheal = lol up

Id rather play without it

Dummy

quickfix feels a bit OP if you have a brain and push before their buff advantage comes in to play?

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Dummy

quickfix feels a bit OP if you have a brain and push before their buff advantage comes in to play?

ye, but it could also actually encourage a faster game in the sense that the team using it has to push in that time…

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 14 Next »