Forum

Low level 6v6 experience

Created 11th June 2011 @ 12:31

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Swi1ch

Hi guys, i’m a long time TF2 pubber looking to get back into competitive gaming (Previously played CoD1-4, CSS, UT). Tried playing on TF2Lobby but pretty much ended up getting minced by players with well over 1000 games experience before i’d even perfected my rollout.

Is there anything similar to TF2Lobby but for players with less experience with 6v6?

clippen

TF2lobby is propably the lowest it gets, you will just have to dedicate some time playing and it will all come naturally.

octochris

(0v0)

TF2Lobby is really very low skill (low div6, usually). You’d be better to keep at it and work out where you’re going wrong.

Last edited by octochris,

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

The thing with tf2 lobby is that you get a real mixed bag of people playing there. I’ve played with prem players on there and total noobs who’ve never played a 6v6 match in their lives!

Some games are great and people use comms and work together, lots of them aren’t and everyone goes off on private missions and its like an under populated pub!

Feel free to add me and we can get some low level mixes going with the other guys in .:ne:. or just stack a lobby and use mumble. See you around :)

Wabbeh

TF2Lobby can be detrimental, because as previously stated, you can play a game where you get some pub stars who think they’re hot shit and rage a lot, putting you off 6v6, or you can get a game where noone plays as a team, encouraging you to solo things for ‘real’ 6v6.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Tf2lobby is a joke, I just play there when I’m bored and want to play 1v6. You’re better off trying to get into pixel pickup, skill level there ain’t very high but its better than lobby at least. + people will probably help you out a bit.

Forsak3n

S

TF2Lobby is not a place where you should train playing 6v6, lol. :)
Better way to get good is to become a killer-machine and then get to div4 team, where the ppl know what they do & you will learn 6v6 very fast.

Waster

There is not much difference between a public and tf2lobby. In tf2lobby you have at least a medic in your team if he doesn’t ragequit after 5 minutes, because the soldiers in your team suck.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Koeitje

Tf2lobby is a joke, I just play there when I’m bored and want to play 1v6. You’re better off trying to get into pixel pickup, skill level there ain’t very high but its better than lobby at least. + people will probably help you out a bit.

If he is getting whipped in tf2lobby, then I doubt he will be warmly recieved at pixel pickup since they have skill requirements (albeit low ones)…

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from octochris

[…]

If he is getting whipped in tf2lobby, then I doubt he will be warmly recieved at pixel pickup since they have skill requirements (albeit low ones)…

There is no skill requirement for pixel pickup afaik. Only thing they ask is to follow the rules and not make people rage quit because you followed the rules :).

ash

(Legend)
:D

I think I’ve recently read a bot message on pixelpickup stating “Report players that are clearly below div5 level […]”… so, yeah. Well. Apparently there ARE skill restrictions. Perhaps Skyride or someone can give us a statement on that.

But yeah… get a team, play with them, get into mixes, practice whatever you think you’re lacking. Just don’t get frustrated cause someone owns you on MGE or something ;)

AnimaL

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

There is no skill requirement for pixel pickup afaik. Only thing they ask is to follow the rules and not make people rage quit because you followed the rules :).

well, u got banned even after fallowing rules… change that to lick admins ass

Skyride

DUCS

\o

Heyoooo. I’m the main admin of pixel pickup. The “skill requirement” (and I don’t like calling it that because we’re pretty lax about it) is bassically that you need to be of sufficient skill to play in a div5 team. Usually I want to see at least 1 full season played with a team, if it’s in div6, and you’ve done well (top half of the table), you’ll usually get in assuming your english is decent.

However, we do regularly make exceptions for people who have experience in other competitive games (mainly CoD4 and CS). If you’ve got some experience in those games, give me a shout on IRC and we’ll have a chat.

Otherwise, i’d really take up that offer from Monkeh. The NE community are a great bunch of lads, and run a lot of their own public servers, so are totally open to playing with people who have no experience.

The best thing I can suggest though, is get friends with people and make sure you enjoy playing. 6v6 isn’t the boring “serious” mode that most pubbers presume it to be, it’s just a natural extension of wanting to be good at the game, and accepting that teamwork is requirement for that to happen.

Have fun! :)

Last edited by Skyride,

DarkSlayer

Quoted from Swi1ch

Hi guys, i’m a long time TF2 pubber looking to get back into competitive gaming (Previously played CoD1-4, CSS, UT). Tried playing on TF2Lobby but pretty much ended up getting minced by players with well over 1000 games experience before i’d even perfected my rollout.

Is there anything similar to TF2Lobby but for players with less experience with 6v6?

i would recommend viva pinata

dodgydogman

Panda

Quoted from DarkSlayer

[…]

i would recommend viva pinata

Fucking loved that game.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »