Forum

Leading a Team (for dummies)

Created 11th May 2011 @ 13:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

hurr

Quoted from Hildreth

2) Play consistently (3/4 nights a week is fine, not spam effects’ play every day for 8 hours then spend 12 hours going through demos, wake up 4 hours later and repeat).

well uh, at least it paid off. :[

Last edited by hurr,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Spike Himself

Common sense overrules the assumption, obviously

Quoted from caned

Take 16 backups, you’ll never have to wildcard again.

Oh well!

antyjc

2ne1

Quoted from Indxyou

make sure people keep their fuckin tag on

and dont let people fake nick or put stupid pictures on their avatars.

your team will not fail

Skyride

DUCS

Imo, it’s just about leadership and people skills. I don’t think those are things that can be taught, they come through experience and personality. I think the problem a lot of people have is they completely conflicting personality types and attitudes in a team.

Last edited by Skyride,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Skyride

Imo, it’s just about leadership and people skills. I don’t think those are things that can be taught, they come through experience and personality.

That’s only half the job of leading a team though.

kuma

How to create and lead a new TF2 team:

1. Scroll down the recruitment page and add random players with skill 2 divs higher than your own.
2. Somehow persuade/beg/bribe said players to join your team.
3. Smash teams your own level for a week, be happy. Shittalk opponents whenever possible.
4. Aim higher then get smasht by teams 2 divs higher for a week, rage.
5. Realise the high skilled players you recruited are dumb as bricks and/or are emo ragers.
5. Blame everyone else and fold the team.
6. Repeat.

Last edited by kuma,

Spike Himself

TC

^ sad but true

Quoted from rtan

have a relaxed atmosphere, dont rage, and enjoy playing.

deal

WE HAD EXACTLY THAT R7AN, WHY DID YOU FOLD IT?

Last edited by A.k,

Jaskey

Not backing out when things go wrong is the most important thing in my opinion however there are times when it just isnt an option.

ashkan

Quoted from Hildreth

2) Play consistently (3/4 nights a week is fine, not spam effects’ play every day for 8 hours then spend 12 hours going through demos, wake up 4 hours later and repeat).

To be fair, TheSucker never sleeps.

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

If everyone gets along you’ll do fine.

If ther is even 2 people who don’t like eachother, you will eventually fold. Choose who you want. Kick the other guy, before it’s too late and.

One of the teams I was in had a lot of potential, I didn’t get on so well with a couple of them. They weren’t even on my friends list. Upgrade waited far too long to kick me, they waited until the end of the season, when they should have outright kicked me as soon as I removed the medic. I think had they not folded (which I believe was my fault but may or may not have been down to circumstances after my kick) they would have been div4 at least by now.

What I’m trying to say is – you shouldn’t tolerate people who cause problems. Either they go, or maybe you’ll all go. :/

Also don’t be an ass like me and force your team mates to play more often than they actually want to

Last edited by MEGAMIDDIE,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

MOULD not true, we all <3'd you.

Also Pikachu and CrashSite been on the same team for least 18 months now.

vani

Bully

Quoted from Hildreth

Pikachu and CrashSite been on the same team for least 18 months now.

Poor CrashSite

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2