Forum

Recommended interp for high ping scout

Created 30th April 2011 @ 18:26

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Imouto

I’ve been playing with 130-150 ping for quite some time now and hit most of my shots with .033. However, I’m not sure if that’s optimal for my ping. Is there any guideline I should follow for adjusting it?

alfa

I use default on both euro and us servers (147 ping for euro)

Last edited by alfa,

AnAkkk

Interp has nothing to do with ping. It has to do with the update rate.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_Multiplayer_Networking#Entity_interpolation

octochris

(0v0)

Ping has precisely fuck all to do with interpolation.

Sc

Quoted from octochris

Ping has precisely fuck all to do with interpolation.

YOU ARE BACK :O

TviQ

ft.

Test These Out
cl_cmdrate 101
cl_uppdaterate 101
cl_interp 0.01 OR 0.1 Your choice really
btw Got a somewhat good computer that can take 120 fps stable? if not Dont use these

Last edited by TviQ,

JackieBoy

LTG.

0.1 and wish for the best.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from TviQ

Test These Out
cl_cmdrate 101
cl_uppdaterate 101
cl_interp 0.01 OR 0.1 Your choice really
btw Got a somewhat good computer that can take 120 fps stable? if not Dont use these

thank you, i needed a good post full of errors to make my day.

first off, TF2 is limited to 66 tick. you are introducing a needless overhead.

“cl_interp 0.01 OR 0.1 Your choice really”

lol at implying there is no difference.

and having stable 120fps will have absolutely FUCK ALL difference to the settings you just provided, since {cmd,update}rate are capped at 66.

Last edited by octochris,

Sketch

MM

HE IS BACK!!!!!!!!!

Tornf4lk

cc//

Quoted from octochris

[…]

and having stable 120fps will have absolutely FUCK ALL difference to the settings you just provided, since {cmd,update}rate are capped at 66.

I love you :)

flushy

P.O.P

TviQ… SIT. THE FUCK DOWN!

gryzor

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Thank you for providing a post full of errors to making me laugh.

Please read AnAkIns link a few hundred times more and TRY and understand it.

First off, it doesn’t matter if you are comming from CS1.6 or starting out in TF2, everyone knows the engine sets the limit, in TF2s case, the server will cap cl_ur and cl_cr to 66, hence introducing NO OVERHEAD WHAT SO EVER. _OVERHEAD_ is _EXTRA_ data and it is IMPOSSIBLE for any such data to occur, due to client and server negotiating the rate and KEEPING to that rate on connect. Hence, it will ALWAYS be 66 in TF2s case and NOTHING ELSE.

NO OVERHEAD, CHRIS.

Second, 120fps comment really does not need any further discussion, since this has been done so many times now, I will presume you just made an simple error. Happens to the best of us!

randa

Quoted from gryzor

[…]
Thank you for providing a post full of errors to making me laugh.

Please read AnAkIns link a few hundred times more and TRY and understand it.

First off, it doesn’t matter if you are comming from CS1.6 or starting out in TF2, everyone knows the engine sets the limit, in TF2s case, the server will cap cl_ur and cl_cr to 66, hence introducing NO OVERHEAD WHAT SO EVER. _OVERHEAD_ is _EXTRA_ data and it is IMPOSSIBLE for any such data to occur, due to client and server negotiating the rate and KEEPING to that rate on connect. Hence, it will ALWAYS be 66 in TF2s case and NOTHING ELSE.

NO OVERHEAD, CHRIS.

Second, 120fps comment really does not need any further discussion, since this has been done so many times now, I will presume you just made an simple error. Happens to the best of us!

do you know who you are messing wit’ ? shit son…

Cooler

4Queens

inb4 d1ck j0nes: “omfg chris u fuckin retarded nolife and other dudes get good@computers &rl your knowledge is equal to 0”

TviQ: This has been discussed many times, max cmdrate and updaterate for tf2 are 66

gryzor

Quoted from randa

[…]

do you know who you are messing wit’ ? shit son…

The only one that was left to provide one with crazy stuff to troll? Yeah. I hope he stays around!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »