Forum

Double Heavy Rule

Created 27th April 2011 @ 19:07

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

TallyDaGunner

Hello, you don’t know me, but I want to ask one question.

The Rules of S9 are saying:
“2.1.1 Normal Gamemode: 6on6, Medic, heavy and Demoman limit 1, Classlimit 2″

Just wondering, what if the team, for e.g. Team A, plays with one heavy and are defending the last point. Or any other. On heavy’s death can the other member of the team with shortest spawn time take a heavy, in case the last team mate changed class from heavy? :)

Happened today. My team was playing, and we were defending last point. My team mate heavy died, and I had 3 seconds till spawn, so I took a heavy. That is against the rule or not?

I am sorry, if the is no possibility to understand my english and am waiting for answers :)

grimbar

As long as you don’t have 2 Heavies outside your spawn at the same time you’re gonna be alright.

There used to be teams who juggled Medic like that

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

You can only have 1 heavy (demo, medic) at a time so yes, if your heavy (demo, medic) dies, another player can switch to that class.

Waebi

‹Con›

from what I remember, you have to WAIT till the other guy respawns, before you can choose that class.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

if you want to be annoying as hell sure :D

Tikcus

Quoted from Waebi

from what I remember, you have to WAIT till the other guy respawns, before you can choose that class.

If class limits were forced by the config this would be true

TallyDaGunner

Dunno. Played with etf2l.cfg. Like official. Maybe older version of .cfg or smth. Ty for your answers. May now close the this thread

Malibu Stacey™

Sir.

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

Which is why class limits for medic, demo & heavy should be added to the league config. Seen people exploiting the lack of class limits by juggling medics & demos. Lame tactic shouldn’t be encouraged (respawn times exist for a reason).

qp0jr

Quoted from Malibu Stacey™

[…]
Which is why class limits for medic, demo & heavy should be added to the league config. Seen people exploiting the lack of class limits by juggling medics & demos. Lame tactic shouldn’t be encouraged (respawn times exist for a reason).

If the players can play differents classes with the same skill, it’s a strategy too. It’s pretty hard so I suppose it’s not that lame. (How many teams can switch their medics with another class and still have a good teamplay,etc…)

xzr

Quoted from Malibu Stacey™

[…]

It’s a valid tactic, I’d prefer the tactical diversity it brings over shitlocks any day.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from xzr

[…]

It’s a valid tactic, I’d prefer the tactical diversity it brings over shitlocks any day.

mmm have to admit was always interesting to see broder switch their medics to ensure uber advantage etc. using this kind of method. I just hate when you play a map like gully wash and you kill the heavy on the point and another one just spawns. though that was more of a problem when you could run double heavy.

Opti

REMOVE

If it’s true, why don’t it is w/ medic. My medic die. I respawn and take medic, if both me and my med are able to play two classes?

Wabbeh

Problem is if someone times out/goes afk for a random unexplained reason, and then the spot is still taken but no-one’s playing it

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Quoted from xzr

[…]

This.

Also, this has been discussed sooo many times, let’s not do it again.

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

I didnt mean that really, I thought I had explicitly heard it was not allowed.
But nvm.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »