Forum

Unable to open TF2 (after Hatless update)

Created 15th April 2011 @ 10:44

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Edd

T2P

have you even made sure your hud is uptodate and isnt an old version as the only one i am aware of thats fixed is gmangs..

grimbar

Quoted from Edd

have you even made sure your hud is uptodate and isnt an old version as the only one i am aware of thats fixed is gmangs..

m0re fixed his minutes ago – haven’t tested the new version yet though

sKaz

KP

Quoted from Edd

If you’re asking me:
Re-install steam = re-install all games = remove all of game files (configs, huds, etc…)

So yeah, I’ve removed all the hud files and still get the error shown in the pic.

sKaz

KP

By the way, does the hud have anything to do with my game crashing when I open a server with bots (through the menu) or the ‘Spy Training’?

zigi

[hePPa]

using vista, verifyed, deleted all the stuff @ resource/materials/scripts, still doesnt work :-( “could not load library client”

sKaz

KP

Quoted from zigi

using vista, verifyed, deleted all the stuff @ resource/materials/scripts, still doesnt work :-( “could not load library client”

I guess the update might have deleted one of the files or isn’t directed to use it for some reason.

Could you send me a pic of your steamapps/ files (NOT user name….), steamapps/%user%/Team Fortress 2/ files and maybe the directories inside?

I compare it with the files I have and maybe upload you my own files and you try to see if the game will work with them, if you want…

Forsak3n

S

Quoted from sKaz

[…]

I guess the update might have deleted one of the files or isn’t directed to use it for some reason.

Could you send me a pic of your steamapps/ files (NOT user name….), steamapps/%user%/Team Fortress 2/ files and maybe the directories inside?

I compare it with the files I have and maybe upload you my own files and you try to see if the game will work with them, if you want…

Here are my screens, I have same error. :/

http://fakkelbrigade.eu/forsaken/screenshots/

would be great if you upload your resource/scripts & cfg folders or the whole /tf folder.

Last edited by Forsak3n,

sKaz

KP

Quoted from Forsak3n

[…]
Here are my screens, I have same error. :/

http://fakkelbrigade.eu/forsaken/screenshots/

would be great if you upload your resource/scripts & cfg folders or the whole /tf folder.

In steamapps, what is the size of – source 2007 shared materials.gcf?
it is suppose to be like 985MB.
In that folder you are missing:
– source 2007 binaries
– source 2007 binaries 2
but these were not included in the last update, checked by ‘last modification date’.
(still, I have them. but I installed lot of games XD)

In the steamapps/%user%/Team Fortress 2/ folder you aren’t missing anything that would cause this error. (platform and config folders and content are generated when opening/using TF2)

In …/Team Fortress 2/tf/ I can’t really tell what you are missing because you have the needed folders but there’s nothing there too tell what you have or not.
Also, default files in ../tf/ do not appear since they are included in the package files (in steamapps), as far as what I know.

So the binaries might be the cause, but I don’t really know… =/

The only thing I could think of is that ‘multiplayer ob binaries.gcf’ is suppose to be source 2007 binaries 2, since they both are about the same size (~158MB).
I suggest you try copying that file and rename the copy to ‘source 2007 binaries 2.gcf’ and try.
if that doesn’t work, also try ‘source 2007 binaries.gcf’ but I think this is related to older source engine games (not episode 2 engine) – CSS and DoD:Source and the source 2007 binaries 2 is for the newer episode 2 engine maybe.

Hope that helps.

animalmother

PStM
DStS

It got me too. I heard it was cause of my disgusting Purple Hound Dog

AnimaL

just wait for the fix, copying old multiplayer binaries wont help since it seems they updated the engine or smth like that and it just wont work

fuo

iSlam
BUNCS

People on the steam forums are reporting success on XP by installing the latest windows updates (which include .net and C++ run-time updates) – if nothing else it’s worth a shot.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1837837

zigi

[hePPa]

gonna kick robin walkers ass to the moon and back

Juppee

I instaled newest window updates. Worked for me!

Lj

pH.

Did the update fix this?

AnimaL

Quoted from Lj

Did the update fix this?

yes

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »