Forum

Unable to open TF2 (after Hatless update)

Created 15th April 2011 @ 10:44

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

sKaz

KP

After todays Hatless update I was unable to open the game.
I launch the game through steam, see the valve logo etc.. and then it crashes to desktop with this message:
“Engine Error: -Could not load client library”
http://img405.imageshack.us/f/10084367.png/

I’ve already reinstalled the game and it still didn’t work (same message).
And now he can’t reinstall the game again (or see it in his Game Library in Steam) because its doing this “Validating Steam Games” and when it gets to 100% it does this validation again every time.
(this error is for my friend…)

For me I can’t go through the training, Demoman worked fine but Spy crashed instantly when the spy bot appeared (at the beginning) and the game also crashes instantly on every ‘Create Server’ (through menu) with bots and the game crashes instantly.

+The game doesn’t work with HUDs?
+No plugins for CSS and TF2 (Source Engine)?

Tornf4lk

cc//

one of my friends has this same problem. I’ve done the demo training and then quit so I dont know how much works for myself. will test.

Spike Himself

TC

If you have any custom files (huds, configs, etc..), remove them.

bìester

Quoted from Spike Himself

+1

Tornf4lk

cc//

Quoted from Spike Himself

my friend only plays on publics. I’m pretty sure he has no custom content.

Ramown

TIDS

Chris: “Some people are reporting crashes on startup with this latest update. Chris’ FPS configs do NOT make TF2 crash. It is your HUD that is causing the crashes.
Ramown is awesome.”

sKaz

KP

Quoted from Ramown

Chris: “Some people are reporting crashes on startup with this latest update. Chris’ FPS configs do NOT make TF2 crash. It is your HUD that is causing the crashes.
Ramown is awesome.”

Is re-installing TF2 not > removing HUD and all that
(removing it totaly).

And also re-installing steam, still doesn’t work.

AND WHY THE FUCK WILL I WANT TO BE FORCED TO USE THE GAME HUD?!
WTF VALVE?

ouch

if i want to get rid of my hud i have to delete the resource and scripts folder am I right?

using broesels btw

edit: and the materials folder ofc, still not working though :(

Last edited by ouch,

sKaz

KP

Quoted from ouch

if i want to get rid of my hud i have to delete the resource and scripts folder am I right?

using broesels btw

Yup..

ouch

well if I can’t get this stupid game to work again I’ll have to go out and party. which sucks because i’m quite bored of boozing, smoking, dancing, and stuff that you do while bouncing in da club…

RaCio

GoT²

removing tfresourceuiMainMenuOverride.res worked for me

Ace

Same here, can’t launch the game. Vista. Could not load library client.

Kiss Kiss

8{
8D

I’m using broesels HuD, I haven’t touched it since update. TF2 loads, I can join server etc. HuD is kinda messed up, but I’m not crashing, so I’m kinda sceptical that its that which is causing problems. Unless its that in combination with something else, idk.

ouch

Quoted from RaCio

removing tfresourceuiMainMenuOverride.res worked for me

where can I find this file?

Quoted from Kiss Kiss

I’m using broesels HuD, I haven’t touched it since update. TF2 loads, I can join server etc. HuD is kinda messed up, but I’m not crashing, so I’m kinda sceptical that its that which is causing problems. Unless its that in combination with something else, idk.

Exactly the same experience as I had but I reinstalled my HUD just to test it and it does fuck up the game.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »