Forum

[ESL] LOL

Created 12th April 2011 @ 23:46

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 10 Next »

stvv

WUL

Quoted from Psyche

[…]

They’re not private. However, they don’t need useless input with no foundations gg.

my input was merely stating that; what you’re saying what you believe to be fact is actually an opinion.

‘gg.’

Last edited by stvv,

Psyche

Quoted from stvv

[…]

my input was merely stating that you’re trying to say that what you believe to be fact is an opinion.

‘gg.’

Interpreting everything to the letter ftw. But whatever, going to bed. Cba to waste my time on this forum.

stvv

WUL

Quoted from Psyche

[…]

Interpreting everything to the letter ftw. But whatever, going to bed. Cba to waste my time on this forum.

‘winning’

Kiss Kiss

8{
8D

We did pretty much everything within reason to make sure Wire was working. Installed it ahead of time, tested it and found no issues, then when it comes to an official we have a scout crash completely out of TF2 and our Demo’s Wire crashes in the background with no notification. Getting penalised because Wire is buggy is a bit rich.

N/A

RaWr ::

this thread is now about me

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from N/A

this thread is now about me

handsome as fuck on that pic

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

CrashSite voice of reason? Fuck my life.

Same things happened last season for me and I didn’t think it would change unless ESL overhauled their rules, went bit easier on div 3-5 teams. Why we chose to compete in Wireplay and ETF2L instead, so we don’t have to spend extra time and effort with this stuff.

Still I hope ESL can still be a success this season, good luck with it.

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Quoted from Admirable

Well so far no innocent players have been banned for cheating, so I’d say that’s a win!
^__________________________________________________________^

One of our scouts was banned for not submitting a screenshot in time.

I mean.. really?

Last edited by beach,

tf2 is dead

omfg anything is worse than not having vanilla

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

it’s a fucking joke.

http://www.esl.eu/eu/tf2/6on6/league/season7/match/22225083/

my TF2 _NEVER_ crashed. i use wire and suddenly a crash.
always started tf2 through wire, so where the fuck is it my fault the program is shit?

the poor judgement of esl admins is more than just sad.

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Played 4 nation cups matches in a night.

Match 1, launched game from wire.
Match over, exit to desktop.

Match 2, launched game from wire.

Match 3, launched game from wire.

Match 4, launched game from steam.
3 penalty points for me.

Yeah it’s shitty, but it’s my own fault, so not complaining.

minimoose

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

As diplomatic and as insightful as I have come accustom to on these forums.

It is true that many people don’t submit or respond to support tickets, but there is an obvious reason why. Must people would expect something that is mandatory to work from the beginning, especially one that they have to use every match. The fact that they have to be inconvenienced by using it, on top of any fps drops etc that happen, it is little surprise that they don’t want to waste more of their lives talking to an admin about what went wrong.

With etf2l there is no need for support tickets, or really any problems at all in terms of playing in the league, ppl have become ‘spoilt’ by the ease of access and use of etf2l, both of their site and their league.

Yeah but then you have the risk of being banned just for being good, not saying that that has happened before. Personally, I do not care about cheaters since they are generally bad anyway, they have to hide their cheats by artificial mistakes/real mistakes (if they are retards), where-as I do not have to hide my awesomeness.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from minimoose

[…]

Yeah but then you have the risk of being banned just for being good, not saying that that has happened before. Personally, I do not care about cheaters since they are generally bad anyway, they have to hide their cheats by artificial mistakes/real mistakes (if they are retards), where-as I do not have to hide my awesomeness.

To the average person this is a reasonable trade-off. People don’t actually care about other people, unless it effects themselves or MAYBE their teammates they couldn’t give a shit either way. The risk of a false ban to any particular individual is low, considering there are 350 teams each with lets say an average of 7 people. So even if there are false bans people don’t care because it doesn’t effect them. I was not actually arguing that an AC client was bad, merely stating that people are more likely to leave ESL then spend even more time helping to fix something that stops them have fun (eg through crashes or fps drops).

On that same note, saying that there have been no false bans can also been read as there have been no correct bans. You can equally argue that an AC client gives a false sense of security and there are many cheaters still running around in ESL. But neither false bans in etf2l nor lack of true bans in ESL are provable.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

http://www.esl.eu/eu/tf2/6on6/league/season7/penalties/

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Don’t argue with CrashSite, he doesn’t….stop…posting….wall-o-texts.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 10 Next »