Forum

ETF2L Public Server! - Suggestions on Settings.

Created 8th April 2011 @ 12:44

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Badlands, Granary and Goldrush aren’t very fun on pubs. Yukon, Turbine, Hightower, Thundermountain, Badwater, Viaduct and Gravelpit would be a nice mix.

Will

badlands + granary + Warmfront + Gullywash + gpit + badwater + viaduct + prop hunt games are also fun

maybe even snakewater, obscure or other custom maps

no bazillion, to cramped for more than 6v6
no payload race maps

Last edited by Will,

Bonkers

nospread, and i’m happy

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from Skyride

You’re forgetting the demographic this server is supposed to cater to. There’s a million and one other generic pub servers already about, this is supposed to be something a little different.

creating some “pro” competive public wont work cos public is public and comp is comp.

geoip to filter out russia, lithuania, slovakia, ukraine, poland, chechnya etc for preventing bandwidth cloggage (what with their internet still working with carrier-pigeons)

metalpiss

Maybe make every ETF2L registered player (also possibly participating/participated in a season or highlander) have a reserved slot on the server? That way when the server is full, we’ll have priority over random people, if there are any on the server.

Last edited by metalpiss,

AnimaL

Quoted from d1ck j0nes

geoip to filter out russia, lithuania, slovakia, ukraine, poland, chechnya etc for preventing bandwidth cloggage (what with their internet still working with carrier-pigeons)

all of them have better net than uk

so u doin frog mod?

Last edited by AnimaL,

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]all of them have better net than uk

so u doin frog mod?

going to pass this off as troll or butthurt (you being from latvia, where people only go to buy women or soviet era guns for use in robbery)

Last edited by d1ck j0nes,

Leftism

W.tf
KC&LtL

Plugin: Advance Map Randomiser

– Disables the “1” and “2” option during map votes; forces players to actually choose a map rather than just dismissing the map vote by pressing 1 or 2.
– Can group the maps together, for instance you can have a 5CP map group, koth, A/D Map Group and a “pub map” group (pl_, plr_ and some other maps within A/D not designed for comp. play (e.g. Dustbowl).).
– You can setup the map vote so it picks 1/2 maps from each group.
– Can be setup to give some maps some bias during map votes, i.e. Badlands is 80% likely (maybe not as common as that in reality) to be on the next map vote whilst Fastlane is 10% likely to be in the next vote.
– Maps can be filtered out also based on:
— Number of Players on the server (e.g. Badwater will never be put a map vote unless player count is above 16 players.) This works the other way around as well, meaning you could stop koth maps appearing when more than 18 people are on the server.
— The current map, e.g. if the server is running cp_gravelpit (under A/D) then maps from the “pub maps” category will not be brought up for the next map vote.

I believe the map bias part can work with the map rating plugin meaning that players can influence directly which maps will be more likely on the next map vote. It’s been ages since I dabbled into sourcemod plugins though! :P

Using this plugin, you can construct a map pool like this:

League Maps
cp_badlands
cp_bazillion
cp_granary
cp_gravelpit
cp_gullywash
cp_snakewater(?)
cp_warmfront
ctf_turbine_pro

“Experimental Maps” (Maps on rotation on a month-by-month basis, with some making it to a more permanent group if feedback is positive.)
eg. cp_antiquity, cp_collis, cp_gorge, cp_grack, cp_obscure(_final2?), koth_lakeside, koth_viaduct, ctf_converge, ctf_wildfire (latter two featuring in the Wireplay 7v7 last year, never really saw much of them mentioned here.)

“Pub Maps”
eg. dustbowl, badwater, goldrush, etc

It depends on the second section on ETF2L Admins want to treat the public server. I wouldn’t mind it being treated as a place for potential maps to get some early feedback in a more relaxed and sociable atmosphere (as opposed to a MNM cup) which are indeed invaluable to mappers during the early alpha stages of their maps.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from d1ck j0nes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

+1 animal

Nislem

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Unlocks – Allow all (Its a public after all!)
Random Crits = Off.

why crits off then?

AnimaL

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

+1 animal

epic truth bomb there

Cooler

4Queens

Quoted from d1ck j0nes

actually ban idiots from internet
would you be happy with it?

flushy

P.O.P

must be able to play fan scout on it

Quoted from Cooler

[…]
actually ban idiots from internet
would you be happy with it?

pretty much what i posted except i was being delicate about it

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »