Forum

Mann Co. store selling $100, $20, $7 hats for Japan aid

Created 24th March 2011 @ 12:00

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

RaCio

GoT²

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=5170

Today, we’d like to offer a chance to help out at a time when that help matters most. To support the relief efforts currently underway in Japan, we’re introducing three limited edition hats and two special noisemakers to the Mann Co. store. The “Humanitarian’s Hachimaki” ($7.99), the “Benefactor’s Kanmuri” ($19.99) and the most prestigious “Magnanimous Monarch” ($99.99) will be available from now through April 6. All proceeds (net of applicable taxes) will go directly towards the Japanese disaster relief fund that the American Red Cross has set up. The hats can be equipped by all classes; however, they cannot be traded or used for crafting.

I wonder how much cash that will bring in. :) http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/03/24/team-fortress-2-selling-100-20-7-hats-for-japan-aid/

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

Love the idea though, normally some people wouldnt give 2 cents but as long as its about pixels everyones paying.

Swarlz

The rare hat club did this first, damn valve giving no credit the their community

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

japan is one of the richest countrys. send the money to haiti

Uji

Quoted from @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

droso

o/

Agreed.

Greg

So what if they have a good economy? Does that mean just forget about helping a country in dire need in it?

Have you even actually bothered to see the amount of damage done? But as above, just because a country has a good economy doesn’t mean its going to be forked out instantly to aid the recovery and anyway its not like the money is going straight into Japan’s oh so big piggy bank. Its going to the American Red Cross, which last time I checked was a volunteer based company/org or whatever you want to call it. So every little helps imo.

hans

Japan might be a rich country, but it doesn’t help the people who don’t have basic food in Sendai right now.

As to Haiti, you might want to take a minute to research how much money has been donated, where it has gone and how it is currently being spent, then rethink your post. Not saying the living conditions in the camps aren’t horrible, but that statement was just cynic.

Last edited by hans,

Krish

but man. 100 bucks for a hat. thats alot. I guess if you were gonna donate 100$ anyways you might as well take the hat too? :P not that I know anyone who would o.o

dauk

buy hats now, wait month, sell for triple price

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from dauk

buy hats now, wait month, sell for triple price

they cannot be traded or used for crafting
You’d have to sell your whole steam account ;-)

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from CanFo

[…]

Giftwrapped? Or would that not work?

Also lol, send money to haiti so it can sit and collect rent? (look up how much of the donated money has actually been spent on helping haiti and you’ll see what I mean).

Last edited by herpderp,

RaCio

GoT²

I’ve said this last time, but any money that is beyond the estimate of what the red cross needs for a region (Japan and surrounding Islands in this case) goes to another charity goal (pakistan for example).

dauk

Quoted from CanFo

[…]

yeah just gift wrap it and your OK

onamons

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »