Created 11th March 2011 @ 21:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Quoted from boomeh

there is a much easier way,,, but its kind of frowned upon

+1

Spike Himself

TC

ITT [03:49:05] <@PixelMSGBot> !Mike: Ego boosted beyond limits by moderate LAN performance

Spira

It’s how you use and hold your mouse. I used to hold my mouse in a claw grip and used the whole mouse mat with wrist movement. Now I use claw grip with hand movements and I never move my arm. I raised my sensitivity higher to 8inches a 360, so I didn’t have to move my mouse using my arm or wrist.

It’s a 100% PREFERENCE but I recommend using a sensitivity that would benefit how you hold/use your mouse;
I recommend using a low/mid sensitivity if you use arm/wrist movements and a high sensitivity for hand movements.

I been playing TF2 since July 2010ish and it’s taken me till March 2011 to find what I like best. I used pretty much everyones settings and I used to change them every time I played, and even during the game.

Mike

TEZC

Calm down guys

Evil

aqeze

play hard go pro

tasKu

e-famous

my good secret tip is to collect all the hats in the game, then only use 1 hat.

Яyan

Throw your mouse in a direction roughly towards the player and click

Rinse and repeat until most shots hit them

Grats

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Like anything it takes time.

At the end of the day it’s just practicing and honing your eye to hand coordination and making the motor skills more refined.

Sense, accel and such are all just preference related (take it from me who used to play at 6cm/180 and now around 20cm/180). I find personally that with a lower sense you’ll probably be more consistent, especially if you don’t play alot. But a higher sense gives you more freedom for movement. I wouldn’t get worried about reaction speed, as this is tf2 and not cs. Besides the reaction speed between players won’t vary significantly and so doesn’t affect ingame, in relation to your monitor and ping ect. It really is all about hand to eye coordination, and mastering that.

Some people are naturally better at it then others but it shouldn’t put you off as it’s definately a skill that can be learnt. I’m fairly sure fatal1ty used to play alot of tennis aswell to keep his hand to eye warmed up.

tl;dr – practice and if that doesn’t work you can always switch to medic

Edd

T2P

all this hate for medics mang

sovietdrunk

Well, so far, what i can say:

•There are no “dm” servers in brazil, neither pro dm ones.
•My mouse: Razer Deathadder 3.5G – 450dpi – 10 driver sensivity
In-game: 4 (used to be 4.6, changed for less “flicks”)
Mousepad (if it matters): Steelseries QcK+
• About getting 1v1 against scouts, it’s funny, i don’t know if im good or just having luck, mostly i can hit scouts between 30~60 in a blank range fight.
• So far, im playing only with my team or doing some mixes and pugs. I may try to do some public entertainment.
• Mouse accel for me, is about if you started with it or not. I myself started with it, but my mouse sucked hard. Now with a decent mouse, i can say that it ruins your aim if not properly adjusted with your aim.
• I guess you guys said “dm” and “public play” for the amount of players with it and the constant pressure that keeps you 100% aware of anything like spies, pyros, heavies and competitive classes. I myself i’ll try hard to keep going and reach the top and become the best of latin america.

Last edited by sovietdrunk,

pena

I’d suggest trying to minimize the input lag of your mouse/monitor etc. Really makes a huge difference.

sovietdrunk

Quoted from pena

I’d suggest trying to minimize the input lag of your mouse/monitor etc. Really makes a huge difference.

how to do it? :(

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

increase your mouse’s polling rate, make sure you’re getting high enough fps ingame, play at a lower res to get 75hz on your monitor if you have an lcd, etc.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from sovietdrunk

[…]

how to do it? :(

120hz monitor or CRT at 120hz or higher (make sure your fps is high enough, I notice drops to 90 on my CRT so don’t let anyone tell you fps don’t matter)

500-1000ms polling rate mouse

PS/2 Keyboard (often forgotten)

Last edited by Koeitje,

humche

jesus calm down guys, this topic about guy’s problem, not about mouse accel :

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »