Forum

Ways to improve prediction and aim?

Created 11th March 2011 @ 21:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]why no… many quake pros play with accel… just takes huge ammont of time to do it properly in tf2 tho

Didn’t most mouses back in the quake days (and hence why all the pro players are so good as they have been playing for so long) use mouse accel? If I’m right then I would say it’s a coincidence because all the top players in quake right now have been playing for ages anyway (hence why its hard for upcoming quake players to play at the top)

AnimaL

in any way, accel cant be denied as an option, it just needs much more time to get used to it and tweak it

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from AnimaL

in any way, accel cant be denied as an option, it just needs much more time to get used to it and tweak it

which is why i think its better to not use it, although both games are obviously fps’s and need similar skill in aiming, maybe if they (quake pros) didn’t use excel they would be even better? :D

randa

Quoted from Mike

[…]

no

mouse accel is the most retarded thing ever, Tapley uses it, enough said

Since when was it a good idea to listen to what you said ?

Nel

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]why no… many quake pros play with accel… just takes huge ammont of time to do it properly in tf2 tho

what do you mean it takes a huge ammount of time to do it properly in tf2? i started using it maybe 2 months ago and noticed a huge difference in my aim

nvc

practice, practice, practice

Waster

Quoted from sovietdrunk

I can’t raise my prediction and aim, since im missing ridiculous things like shotgun fights vs scouts and not being able to kill strafers and shit.

If thats your biggest problem, then you are pretty much set. Because then you hit 99% of your rockets on level ground. I am shit at airshots, so i reload an extra rocket in the time they are flying and in return shoot two rockets in his face when they land (which they will do eventually).

Arcadizz1e

PwR
Pixie <3

mike so keen for this lolol

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Exactly same sens as Mike ))

bossmode activated

quik

vs
Fe |

how long it takes to become good without accel after playing a long time with accel on?
btw my sens is 6 cm 360 :D

Last edited by quik,

Stranger

2stronk

Quoted from quik

how long it takes to become good without accel after playing a long time with accel on?

when i actully turned it off (for some reason i thought i had it off with the cpl fix, but it wasn’t) i felt improvement right away

quik

vs
Fe |

Quoted from Stranger

[…]

when i actully turned it off (for some reason i thought i had it off with the cpl fix, but it wasn’t) i felt improvement right away

man thats weird. i cant even do a rocket jump :o

j210790_

Look quake and tf2 are totally different when it comes to aiming. I use accel in quake because it feels so good in that game. But on tf2 I would probably do a bit better without it.

In quake low sens + accel gives you a good movement and stable tracking. And having a stable lg is always $$$. It also removes that jittering what you may have with high sens when you’re trying to track an opponent.

Also mike’s theory was funny. Mouse back in the days used accel? Come again…

“maybe if they (quake pros) didn’t use excel they would be even better? :D”
Sure, it probably just haven’t ever come to their minds…

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from randa

[…]

Since when was it a good idea to listen to what you said ?

Since I had the best aim

Mike

TEZC

Totally ArcY, its my time to shine.

I phrased the “mouse’s in old days using accel” as a question as I am unsure :)

Last edited by Mike,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »