Forum

We GoT Vanilla!

Created 19th February 2011 @ 13:02

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Asskicker

GoT<3
HoT<3

Hello friends,

Are you sick of being owned by Shortstop-wielding noobs? Depressed by yet another Ullapool Caber to the face? Tired of being burned to a humiliating pile of ash by a lowly, Degreaser-carrying Pyro? Then fear no more and come join the brand spanking new Gathering of Tweakers server, now with extra vanilla!

And, when we say ‘vanilla’, we mean ‘vanilla’! Well, at least… sort of vanilla. You see, we at the Gathering of Tweakers server think ‘vanilla’ means you can use all standard weapons and the class update weapons, but all those newfangled thing-a-ma-bobs those youngster are screwing around with are off-limits!

We’re so afraid of new stuff, we even changed our map rotation to only play the golden oldies, like cp_dustbowl, cp_granary, cp_badlands and pl_goldrush. However, we do use plugins like Mapvote, RTV, Critvote, HLstatsX and what-have-you, so we’re not entirely technologically impaired.

The Gathering of Tweakers server is based on a solid Dutch/Belgian community, but geographically impaired gamers are welcomed. Just as long as they are able to form English sentences with a length of about three to four words.

You can find our server at: 93.190.139.115:27015. Come join us and enjoy Team Fortress 2 as baby Jesus intended it!

We are still testing and adjusting things, so if you may have any suggestions, feel free to post them. :)

Last edited by Asskicker,

rtan

-9w-

excellent. added to favourites.

N/A

RaWr ::

no thanks

edit: for all u mad gamers if u cant handle the kitchen get out the kitchen

Last edited by N/A,

octochris

(0v0)

if you want to play pubs, play pubs. if you want to play a serious game, play a competitive match. there is no point at all in resticting a player’s inventory when he’s trying to have fun.

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from octochris

if you want to play pubs, play pubs. if you want to play a serious game, play a competitive match. there is no point at all in resticting a player’s inventory when he’s trying to have fun.

id rather play a game of pub without having some shitty players using shitty weapons on me and killing me randomly.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from rtan

[…]

id rather play a game of pub without having some shitty players using shitty weapons on me and killing me randomly.

HELL YEAH CRIT A COLA

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from rtan

[…]

KILL IS KILL Q-Q

dougiie

CotC

added to favourites. Nice to have the option of vanilla on a pub if I want it :)

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

Quoted from octochris

this better be one awful attempt at a troll.

clippen

sweet, will give it a try later

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Asskicker

We are still testing and adjusting things, so if you may have any suggestions, feel free to post them. :)

Yes, please ban the direct hit, sandman, fan and wrangler and allow the weapons that are good, instead of the other way around.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from octochris

First time ever I agree with Chris.

OMG WTF PANDA

Traxantic

TLR

Quoted from octochris

Troll or not…

Oh how the days were fun when pub actually was challenging teamplay..

ashkan

Seriously guys, let’s not discuss how people should want to play in pubs ;)
If the server becomes active, then there’s obviously a demand for it. If not, it’ll die out :)

Last edited by ashkan,

XorZ

[8U]
[8U]

Quoted from octochris

More stuff does not automatically equal more fun. Sure you can’t expect pubbers to play with tactics and stuff, but there are alot of people who find it more painful than fun to play with all those new weapons. However if they still kept the wrangler and stuff as someone mentioned, then I fail to see the vanilla perspective.. -.^

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »