Forum

What do you look for in a pub?

Created 14th February 2011 @ 02:11

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »

vani

Bully

Its always fun to have regulars on a server (gets depressing playing alone or with people you dont know). Admins who doesnt hestitate to kick spamtraders / mictrolls / idlers and such.

If friends / regulars isnt an option I find it enjoyable to play with somewhat experienced players rather than random people like [PRO]dark_lord_rus and ^2No^5Scop^2e^9pro.

Quoted from Rudi

Also, sometimes I’ve experienced people calling. That’s just wrong.

You could say thats the peak of how serious pub is meant to be taken haha :D

I usualy just go spy/enginerd/pyro/scout or tryhard sniper when i pub with friends (most of the time just screaming at eachothers lame frags) but cba to actually go heavymedic / sollymedic etc to stack up some frags.

tl;dr: I look for fun, offclassing and laughs in pub (not to mention fragging my friends and family)

Jaskey

Depends what server :) I play in GTFO rotation alot, Simply because its got a reasonable map pool, And after playing on it for over 2 years, You get to no the regs :) personal preferance really i usually go sniper/demo and just lol around..

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

+ crits
+ fastrespawn
+ getting as much sniper kills as possible :)
+ bullshittalking ppl

luzik

Suoli
moog

– nocrits
– normal respawns
– alltalk and people talking (+ someone raging)
– max 24 players
– Good maps (=default)

Usually I’m sniping on pubs.

Last edited by luzik,

Waster

Vanilla maps and normal respawn times. At least two medics in each team. Thats all.

SfynX

T2P

Quoted from Waster

Vanilla maps and normal respawn times. At least two medics in each team. Thats all.

+1

Spike Himself

TC

To sum it up so far, we’ve got;

– Good maps (cp, no custom) x 9
– Friendly people x 9
– 24 slots x 7
– No crits/spread x 6
– Harsh & just admins x 4
– Default respawn times x 4
– No weapon bans x 3
– Fast respawn x 3
– Medics x 3
– No map voting x 2
– No mic spamming x 2
– No pay-to-get-stuff bs x 2
…and some more stuff.

I’m quite surprised to see fast/no respawn times get more mentions than default respawn times :o (edit: lol i cant count). Quite curious to see more people comment on that. And on the matter of unlock bans.

If a community had a website with forums, would you sign up and frequent it?
Would you care about weekly/monthly polls regarding map cycle or unlock bans on said forums at all?

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Tornf4lk

cc//

have a look at playstuff.net they’ve succeeded in making a public server that I would kill for to be on a friday and saturday night sometimes. They have the forums and the willing admins, and for the hard work they’ve put in they’ve gotten a great community for their servers, and all of their members are active in the forums deciding things, but it takes a while to get there I think….

Last edited by Tornf4lk,

Greg

Engineer limit 2! It’s beyond annoying joining a control point based 24 slot server with fast respawn where half the enemy team is engineer with sentries watching every corner of the map.

Other than that, what you have so far Spike, sounds pretty sweet. :D

Last edited by Greg,

hans

Not having to mute everyone. Fast respawn. Good A/D and PL maps. Sniper limit.

Biohazard

IDK

Quoted from Greg

Engineer limit 2! It’s beyond annoying joining a control point based 24 slot server with fast respawn where half the enemy team is engineer with sentries watching every corner of the map.

Other than that, what you have so far Spike, sounds pretty sweet. :D

Join IDK pub man! engie + hoovy limit 2 rofl (+some others :P)

edit. oh and all talk is a plus

Last edited by Biohazard,

Tehgnarr

is good!

I frequent the Hamshire Heavies #1 Server and it comes very close to be ideal. It has:

1. Class restrictions – because playing with 5 snipers on a pl_map isn’t fun.

2. No unlock restrictions – because it’s a pub.

3. No crits – well, that’s debatable, but overall I found that playing without random crits is more enjoyable.

4. A dedicated community – people who are good at the game AND enjoyable to play with.

5. Good mix of custom and default maps.

6. Melee-only sudden death.

What I don’t like is the voting of the maps. Every time granlands is up for vote. it is voted. Ferchrissake I dont want play badlanary also on pubs. So, I would get rid of map vote at the end of the round, but overall HH1 is close to perfect for me.

Cloud

.wldcrd!

I’m actually shit at playing in public servers, so I’d look for somewhere where everyone is as bad as me.

Then again the reason I’m bad is I keep trying to reflect everything in the world as a pyro

Last edited by Cloud,

DarkSlayer

Quoted from octochris

Good server FPS, all unlocks allowed (it’s a pub for Christ’s sake), good regulars, adminned proficiently, fixed weapon spreads, no damage variance.

+ no insta respawns, 18 players cap, no shit mods/over used sounds (quake is ok), useful coms

XorZ

[8U]
[8U]

Good maps, meaning not too much custom ones.

Unlike most others it seems, I do prefer having some unlock rules on pubs. I thought there were loads of things I wanted gone but when I think about it it’s really just sydney sleeper & wrangler. Wrangler for being imortal & OP, sydney sleeper for teaching pubbers to go for bodyshots.

Default respawn times.

24 slots is great, as long as it gets filled. I prefer a 32 slot that’s filled than a 24 slot that goes with 12 players, but if you can manage to fill the 24 slot than that’s ideal.

No map voting indeed.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »