Forum

TFTrue : Fov option? Vote!

Created 9th January 2009 @ 20:42

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 Next »

Ino

dp.
dp.

against, not because I mind people playing with high fov (though I will always play with 90 cause you won’t be able to play with a higher fov on publics and switching all the time will hurt my brains), but because if you keep adding more and more stuff to tftrue, which should just disable random damage imo, you’ll turn this into a pro mod that will change my beloved TF2 into something else.
And don’t tell me people won’t come asking for more things to be changed if you add fov.

marrr

if u r not going to use higher fov, then tftrue will not affect ur beautiful tf2. u wont see any difference/ so why against?

Ino

dp.
dp.

As stated before, I don’t want more and more things added to the plugin. And you misunderstood me, I’d like to play with fov 110 like I did in quake, but as it’s impossible on public servers I won’t, cause switching is annoying.

Dreadi

LAITON

FOR

AnAkkk

No random damage/Soldier self damage reduction/Fov should be the only features for TFTrue atm, nothing else would be added.

sniple

For! 110

Arnold

DAKKA

fov does give you advantages, since you can see more you can see a scout sneaking up on you or you can see a spy standing next to you triying to backstab, you can see more projectiles flying at you, you only need 1 player to cover last point on badlands…
the list goes on.

especially medics will benefit from this.

changing fov could break the game for some classes, if you can’t see that you’re just being silly.

On the other hand i am curious how this could play out. so i’m not saying i’m against it, i’m just saying that you have to be careful.

Assault Marine Sigh

Thank you arnold. Someone with sense … “fov doesnt give advantages” get a clue tbh.
FOV 120 means you see MORE …. thats right MORE than FOV90 .. work it out please.

That is why I am against it because those of us who just want to play the game as it is will have to deal with people with even more advantages due to more and more altering of configs etc. Why should I have to alter my 90FOV to be higher so that you dont have an advantage over me ?

bm

for fov 110.

xtala

Seriously mari4ek, are you gonna bash on everyone who has a different opinion?
People here GAVE there reason for not wanting it.

Scouts and spies getting a huge disadvantage for example.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

People don’t use higher FOV and Brightskins because it makes them feel warm and fuzzy inside, they do it because it gives them an edge.

Initially I felt FOV would be fine but I think perhaps quite a few game mechanics would be broken. The covert play of scouts and spies for sure will be curtailed. Where as before you might not have spotted those 2 blue flashes heading to back cap you or that strange looking spy on your flank, who isn’t going to spot some day-glo motherfuckers on your jumbotron FOV? :D

GAME BREAKER!

This isn’t the first FPS game Valve have made, so I will assume the made an active decision to cap the FOV at 90, lock the crosshairs and disable fullbright skins in the interest of game balance.

Don’t overstep your remit TFTrue!

AnAkkk

BTW the higher is the FOV after 90, the bigger a big white box in the sky gets (Yes there is a bug with fov over 90, when your view is at some angle, you see a white box on right or left top corner of your screen).

kolox

obs.

Reading these posts, I actually disagree with higher fov… Like sigh said, Im not gonna change my fov from 90 so that i’m not at a disadvantage – and since I play scout alot it will be like a nerf :x

It would be cool to get the HLTV weapon models though :D

Khenyk

-cavalier-

vote for: fov max 110

noidy

WARNING!

for 110

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 Next »