Forum

Soldier's Sensitivity

Created 11th January 2011 @ 07:38

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

FIR

SnG

So, I’m looking to improve my soldier in addition to my medic. But as Soldier, I can’t find that sweet sensitivity I need. I use a 2000dpi mouse with no acceleration and ingame sensitivity of 6 (the current max, but I used to go 13.5 before. Freaking high, I know). This sensitivity suits me, and I’m very comfortable with it, but I find it damn hard to hit aerials. If I go higher, I generally become shit. Any lower, and I can’t rj without taking massive damage+no distance (ie failjump) and my reaction time decreases as hell, but I hit more aerials. But as it stands, with my current sensitivity, aerials are a rarity. I’ve tried practising with lower sensitivity but 4 points in a mix is just pathetic.

Advice please. I want my soldiering to be better than it is now =]

Last edited by FIR,

Linus

[d¿s]

there isnt a “magical sensitivity” that will make you hit airshots… if you feel comfortable with your current sens, then just practice.

compton

cvx|

my soldier is very sensitive ;_;

IronHawk

F!
moog

Quoted from compton

my soldier is very sensitive ;_;

35.6cm/360cm, could go lower but my mousepad is too small :(

and i can rocketjump pretty well no problems with it :)

LikeThis

Go lower and practice practice practice, it’s not too hard to get used to a sens within a few hours of dm and jump maps.

Then turris turris turris till you hit 100% air shots :D

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

I find turris not helpfull for dem airshootz tbh. For me atleast. Different situation and an angle you only get around spire.

LikeThis

anything really, it trains y-axis muscle memory that you rarely get in other types of play.

Hat

high sens is the best sens

WOODY[

Op4

Quoted from Hat

high sens is the best sens

this

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

You need a good balance, high enough to do quick reaction shots on scouts and to do a quick rocket jump without it being readable by the enemy to much, then low enough so that you are accurate and can aim with the shotgun to a consistent level.

Mine is around 25cm/360, as I played scout my shotgun aim pretty much carries be when I play soldier.

My demoman sens. is lower though, I have it at 35cm/360.

As with the other 20 billion topics of a similar nature, it’s just down to personal preference, but I believe with soldier there should be a balance between high and low as the two main weapons that you have are different to each other.

Dummy

2.5 cm / 360 i find it quite comfy and not that twitchy and my arm doesnt tire

N/A

RaWr ::

33.6459cm/360

anything more sensitive than 10-15cm/360 you will have shit aim eg; wai

Last edited by N/A,

Darn

rockit like

5cm/360

nophantasy

FRAGGA`s