Forum

I cant help to have the feeling that my sens is too high

Created 31st December 2010 @ 20:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 Next »

Federal-Foe

My sens is 20.00 @ 1800 dpi, no joke.

I don’t have much room to move my mouse, so I have built it up to 20.00 on windows XP with accel turned off. When I used to play on windows 7, for some reason I had to put the ingame sens to 35.00 to get the same effect… :/

I find the OP kind of ironic, you want to get better, you notice most of the good players have a low sens and now you want to lower it too before you attempt to get any better?

Orchid

|=3

to be honest, you do get better if you gradually lower your sensitivity, atleast on scout you do.
I used to play with 40cm for a 360 and failed a lot. Recently switched to 53cm for a 360, and I feel that im improving again! Thats like 0.95 ingame, m_rawimput 1, 800dpi, no accel.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Federal-Foe

My sens is 20.00 @ 1800 dpi, no joke.

I don’t have much room to move my mouse, so I have built it up to 20.00 on windows XP with accel turned off. When I used to play on windows 7, for some reason I had to put the ingame sens to 35.00 to get the same effect… :/

I find the OP kind of ironic, you want to get better, you notice most of the good players have a low sens and now you want to lower it too before you attempt to get any better?

That is because lower sensitivity gives better accuracy. Not too low, but just low enough. I know my sensitivity is quite high with 25cm as a scout. Tried to go to 40cm for a 360 for a while, but couldn’t nail those flick shots up and down.

Federal-Foe

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

That is because lower sensitivity gives better accuracy. Not too low, but just low enough. I know my sensitivity is quite high with 25cm as a scout. Tried to go to 40cm for a 360 for a while, but couldn’t nail those flick shots up and down.

I can only play scout with this sens actually. It hightens responsitivity, but reduces aim significantly. As far as I know only the first shot of the scout’s guns are going towards the crosshairs, after that the bullets spread.
I can aim towards an enemy, but can’t hold my crosshair on him at long range. I believe the spread is more effective if you aim slightly next to your target (at range)…

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Federal-Foe

[…]

I can only play scout with this sens actually. It hightens responsitivity, but reduces aim significantly. As far as I know only the first shot of the scout’s guns are going towards the crosshairs, after that the bullets spread.
I can aim towards an enemy, but can’t hold my crosshair on him at long range. I believe the spread is more effective if you aim slightly next to your target (at range)…

Scattergun is always spot on in a perfect spread square.

And who are you anyways?

Last edited by Koeitje,

Tikcus

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

Scattergun is always spot on in a perfect spread square.

And who are you anyways?

he read TF2 wiki half way down the page about the scatter gun, and missed the bit were it says competitive servers normally have use fixed spread enabled

edit

he’s probably some 12 year old trying to troll, since he reg his account 2 hours ago

Last edited by Tikcus,

Lj

pH.

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

he’s probably some 12 year old trying to troll, since he reg his account 2 hours ago

He’s not, you’re just jumping to the conclusion that people wouldnt make an account to respond to a topic.

Tikcus

Quoted from Lj

[…]
He’s not, you’re just jumping to the conclusion that people wouldnt make an account to respond to a topic.

I’ll jump back to my first option then, he read half a tf2 wiki page

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

First tips then dicks. Furious ATHENE style.

Best paladin in the woaaarld

short, stop mad and just correct him, don’t mad him cuz he read wiki.
SO MUCH CS FEELING IN HERE LATELY WTF

Last edited by Nmx,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Federal-Foe

As far as I know only the first shot of the scout’s guns are going towards the crosshairs, after that the bullets spread.

http://myfacewhen.com/images/26.jpg

Last edited by octochris,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from octochris

[…]

http://myfacewhen.com/images/26.jpg

To be fair Chris, I’m not remotely surprised that a new player has no understanding of how hitscan works technically speaking.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

To be fair Chris, I’m not remotely surprised that a new player has no understanding of how hitscan works technically speaking.

i know who he is, and he makes these batshit insane “technical” (using that word loosely) posts both here and elsewhere that always leave me thinking “what the fuck did i just read” and generally make me wonder where he’s getting this completely incorrect information from

Last edited by octochris,

Federal-Foe

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]
And who are you anyways?

Does that matter? Have I invaded your (team) fortress of solitude somehow?

I have never played comp so I did not know those server have it enabled.

Maybe this website should get locked off to the public if the only response to newcomers are offending.

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

Quoted from Federal-Foe

[…]
Maybe this website should get locked off to the public if the only response to newcomers are offending.

Welcome, read, learn, adapt, hf.

Rele

I cant help to have the feeling that my sens is too high

Try going lower and play with it for a week or 2.
If it helps, keep it. If it doesn’t, go back.

There’s no “good” or “bad” sens, it comes down to personal preference. Just cause most high level scouts use a low sens doesn’t mean you have to use a low sens to become better too.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 Next »