Forum

TF2 Update 18/12 HELLO VANILLA FANS!

Created 18th December 2010 @ 02:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 Next »

archy

as far as i am concerned i was really pissed off what valve had made out of tf2. but I somehow changed my mind.

Many of the new weapons would surely add something positive to the game. Some of them might not be fully balanced yet, thats sure. For example the crossbow and the new bonesaw for the medic. With additional health regenaration for the medic, the game would yet again become faster. Isnt that what all of us are looking for? The group heal also makes the game faster and some epic bolts of the crossbow to safe a teammate must me awesome to spectate.. at least from my point of view.

Note: The damage of the crossbow is really not comparable to the damage of a huntsman arrow. Im not sure about the heal however, but I guess it is the same as the damage?

RaCio

GoT²

Shame they doubled the recipe cost again which spoils any chance of allowing them anytime soon

edit: not even mentioning the fact that you are also talking about class hat effects

Sparkles

Wtf with the Mackerel –> http://s2.noelshack.com/uploads/images/20567607823521_cp_snakewater_b50001.jpg

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from archy

as far as i am concerned i was really pissed off what valve had made out of tf2. but I somehow changed my mind.

Many of the new weapons would surely add something positive to the game. Some of them might not be fully balanced yet, thats sure. For example the crossbow and the new bonesaw for the medic. With additional health regenaration for the medic, the game would yet again become faster. Isnt that what all of us are looking for? The group heal also makes the game faster and some epic bolts of the crossbow to safe a teammate must me awesome to spectate.. at least from my point of view.

Note: The damage of the crossbow is really not comparable to the damage of a huntsman arrow. Im not sure about the heal however, but I guess it is the same as the damage?

The saw does not make the game faster because *the medic stands still while taunting*. Besides the obvious lack of movement, this also makes him an easy target.

The crossbow is vastly inferior to needles in every single way. Sure, air arrow to save a team mate is awesome, but at one point or another you’re going to end up in a situation where you need to defend yourself and you’ll quicly find out that, where your needles might have saved your life, the crossbow will simply NOT do the job. One or two incredibly awesome mid-air arrows per game to save a team mate do not compensate for the damage output the syringe gun gives you.

That hat is awesome though.

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Sparkles

Wtf with the Mackerel –> http://s2.noelshack.com/uploads/images/20567607823521_cp_snakewater_b50001.jpg

:D had that too a few hours ago, but it looked even MORE fucked up.

Last edited by Waebi,

AnimaL

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

The saw does not make the game faster because *the medic stands still while taunting*. Besides the obvious lack of movement, this also makes him an easy target.

The crossbow is vastly inferior to needles in every single way. Sure, air arrow to save a team mate is awesome, but at one point or another you’re going to end up in a situation where you need to defend yourself and you’ll quicly find out that, where your needles might have saved your life, the crossbow will simply NOT do the job. One or two incredibly awesome mid-air arrows per game to save a team mate do not compensate for the damage output the syringe gun gives you.

depends what div u play in

i can see crossbow VERY useful only in high div games where u have teammates defending you, instead of you defending for urself like its in div2-3

p.s. ill be mad if etf2l doesnt allow this weapon

Last edited by AnimaL,

Dummy

[…]

what about the regen upgrade, i find it really useful and promoting smart play

DIEHARDD

Team Fortress 2 is becoming like World of Warcraft, probably in something like 3-4 months there is going to be a 3rd Person and LEVELS!

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Add a faster reload speed to the crossbow and I can see it becoming a very viable alternative to the syringegun. Just enough so it isn’t quite as good as defending yourself against scouts etc, but can be used to heal players more usefully. When playing with it I found it took an age from switching from medigun, firing, reloading and/or firing again, and then switching back.
just my 2p

Last edited by FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD,

Quoted from DIEHARDD

Team Fortress 2 is becoming like World of Warcraft, probably in something like 3-4 months there is going to be a 3rd Person and LEVELS!

Don’t forget races, Elves Dwarves…..

antyjc

2ne1

[…]

how do people not understand that when someone says something makes the game faster, they dont mean, THIS CLASS RUNS FASTER NOW. Group heal allows for more people to be healed at once, healing more people quicker than the medigun, allowing for pushes or counter attacks to happen quicker, thus increasing the pace of the game.

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Cycl4mate

[…]

Don’t forget races, Elves Dwarves…..

there’s already 9 “races” :P

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Quoted from antyjc

[…]

how do people not understand that when someone says something makes the game faster, they dont mean, THIS CLASS RUNS FASTER NOW. Group heal allows for more people to be healed at once, healing more people quicker than the medigun, allowing for pushes or counter attacks to happen quicker, thus increasing the pace of the game.

+1, but also, when the med taunts with that hes incredibly vulnerable. Not sure it’d be useful enough of the time for it to be worth the switch.

AnimaL

Quoted from FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Add a faster reload speed to the crossbow and I can see it becoming a very viable alternative to the syringegun. Just enough so it isn’t quite as good as defending yourself against scouts etc, but can be used to heal players more usefully. When playing with it I found it took an age from switching from medigun, firing, reloading and/or firing again, and then switching back.
just my 2p

thats a no no… would mean medics running around dealing insta 60dmg all the time, instead of once or twice per whole round…

Erazed

Poo

Quoted from Sparkles

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/5926/lolfish.png

mines better :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 Next »