Forum

Ban uber

Created 17th December 2010 @ 11:03

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Quoted from octochris

i must say i don’t get the whining about “sentry will be OP”, any semi-competent demo should be able to take out a sentry without uber

freight, last cp. Just no. Not without risking your death.

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from octochris

[…]

come on now mike, haven’t you played in a team competent enough yet to make you realise this isn’t the case?

erm well actually it seems you haven’t played enough to imagine what its like to push gullywash with no uber vs 1 heavy and 1 sentry, don’t even want to think about what it is like on freight..

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from RaCio

[…]If both teams have full uber then uber can’t break a stalemate untill one team gets a pick or triggers a medic. That doesn’t mean they have caused said stalemate. As long as there are choke and defending teams you will need the uber simply because you can’t run trough a defended choke without losing a player.

Which is why it would make for a faster game, you’ve got to avoid that happening in the first place.

Martn

I dont want to push last on freight without uber if Racio is playing engi.

kimsku

ban chris. all his ideas are totally bullshit.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from kimsku

i find myself agreeing with this

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from kimsku

Shifty

Quoted from Vali

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1634702

… this is the better idea imo

Not here

for the uber stalemate: you need your scouts to pop the enemy medic uber and really thats their main job- to kill the medic or pop the uber, so basically not allowing the medic to have ubercharge basically means that your medic would have to be surrounded constantly as it would be so much easier to kill a medic, i have to agree on shortening the uber time is a much more efficient way then just letting the medic die because he cannot save himself

n00ne

You still have much to learn chris. And these geniuses buy into it. :D

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Which is why it would make for a faster game, you’ve got to avoid that happening in the first place.

You still need to explain why ubers cause stalemates.

Generally they resolve them as they offer a way to negate defenders advantage for a moment. Without them you can wait at each side of a choke with the team that pushes first always losing a member. Even if someone on the flanks gets a pick you’d still be screwed if you want to push.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from n00ne

You still have much to learn chris.

not really, i just trolled about 15 people in 1 hour

Last edited by octochris,

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from octochris

[…]

not really, i just trolled about 15 people in 1 hour

Weak comeback