No it’s great playing against 2 heavies the entire game

Old_Grandma

OGizzle

FRUITZ!

because 1 mid = entire game, right, riiight? :D

also heavies are lolslow to mid :<

Quoted from Old_Grandma

FRUITZ!

But I stopped using that tag AGES ago Grandma !

Last edited by Datenshi,

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Isai

I hope fan gets unbanned after s8.

Unban gunboats while you’re at it so I can play my pretend scout setup with RL/GB/PT.

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from Reload

[…]
No it’s great playing against 2 heavies the entire game

It does make the game boring, its not impossible to counter but its really lame to be forced to run spies and snipers. It degrades completely to public play, one team isn’t used to playing with 2 spies and a sniper and the other team isn’t used to playing against it so it’s not a case of one team having the upper hand because they’ve practised.

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

get good.

Spike Himself

TC

Matt mistaking the computer screen for a mirror again! <3

Anyway, I hope this thread leads to some more item bans and class limits :D

If they ban the mini sentry me and Dis will cry :<

Bad enough they took my FaN from me :<

Mads2

eureka

To be goddamn honest, the heavy is overpowered and degrades the gameplay from fun to frustration. I suggest that if teams have a problem against double heavies (which is quite understandable) it should be made clear before the game that this team does not wish to play against this bullshit. If the other team does not agree they can leave or stay (depending on who owns the server) and look for another game. Let us all just try to act a little like real gentlemen and have a nice and interesting pcw instead of all this uneccesary flaming.

Dear Bellsprout
let’s just say that if you walk around with a t-shirt saying “FUCK JESUS” expect to recieve a beating by a Christian even though you have rights that allow you to wear it.. just saying :)

hurr

All props to Continuity for this. We had a few laughs when fighting them on Freight aka “turtle map extraordinare” and instead of sending a few brain cells to hell we decided to adapt to different tactics that time around, and the feelings after killing off that pyro+heavy+engy defense was extra satisfactory, to say the least. :D Same with the bunch of REJ peeps who were off-classing to match our low level (which was a pretty long time ago, when we were new) it’s been really fun and it feels like our 500+ pubbing hours don’t come in vain.
On Freight it was just a matter of which different routes to take, not having someone run a different class and counter with “exotic” tactics. Freight is not exactly rich on routes, but going these extra steps are as easy as deciding on where to hide your stickies, except that you have lots of other options at disposal. Takes a bit of creativity, patience and luck. And in a div5 game on Freight, it should be rather easy. You have a train, use it. We succeeded 3 times at this.

On the subject of double heavy double engy defense, the way I interpret is that it’s going over the line with our team’s etiquettes. I don’t think we’ve ever used a tactic like that actually. Double heavy is used at desperate times, but it’s more or less because the rules allow that. I’m going to bring up the “hurr durr” card and say that despite what Beater might be hinting at, Venzi Esports used double heavy on Gravel Pit during our official. Okay okay, that’s fine and all, and it’s like what’s been repeated in this thread that rules are the culprit, not the players. This is not attacking Venzi Esports or anything, they just took advantage of the rules which is totally rightful in this case, or maybe Beater actually thinks his teammates going Heavy suck. (and a bit of bragging in here, I managed to survive in the C tower for longer as a single Heavy than they ever did with double Heavy + their defense, like 7 minutes or something. And they had a good sniper et all) No loss of respect to them, at least Gravel Pit didn’t turn out like Freight where (NOTE) NO lame tactics were used but we still ended up playing a round for 27 minutes.. Trying to make sense here, I’m not really trying to explain that my team is staying away from taking advantage of certain rules, but it’s good that other teams know that such thngs are allowed and don’t complain about it afterwards.

So what’s this: hurr is defending shitty tactics? Are you a man with some fucking thing called honor? No, heavy limit 1 next season, definitely. Heavy has grown more powerful lately and it’s time to embrace that. It’s a bit of surprise that they didn’t enforce it this season actually, seeing as premiership players have been complaining about double heavy on gullywash last point for a while, and ever since the message has been spreading like a virus among people, which is kinda expected.

I think ETF2L did a fantastic job banning the right weapons this season, aside from that little heavy mishap. Most of these unlocks have no real cheap way of being used, nor do most of them have any real impact on the game as they are mere variations of what’s in the box already. They’re going to have a much tougher job next season and there might be more bans on polycount weapons than everything that’s been released before. And sorry “medlocks only” supporters, I hesitate to agree with you. It’s just makes the game terribly bland and it has all the things to put a nail into competitive tf2’s coffin, or at least end many fun-minded people’s continuation in 6v6. I started playing comp since summer, and I’m not looking to leave the scene anytime soon, and not that we’re unlock-happy or anything, but having to play under wireplay’s rules felt fucking agonizing. Being a pubber for the past 2 years, it’s just something I can’t make sense of. Some of the stuff have turned integral to the game. Is this really a warm welcome to people new to competitive? No.
To summarize, sorry but “medlocks only” gives me an idea of a “scout+medic+demo+solly only” rule, as unlocks are at average as impactful as some utility classes, and it’s outright horrible. Leagues should make good rules and people can take advantage of them as much as they want. I’m really not into looking to join wp next season.

Oh yeah, and to end this, we’ve played with a very skilled heavy for a while now and on every map, btw. And so far we’ve had more trouble with div4 teams who almost write nothing in the chat than with div3/div2+ teams/players burning their last fucking brain cells on writing in the chat window because they couldn’t focus on an overhealed Heavy on granary mid from the crates. But hurr, fucking try it out yourself. I play scout and it happens, with another scout’s help we can still kill a revved up heavy along with his medic quite easily, easier than a pocket soldier and demo in some occassions. Learn to focus targets maybe, that’s what premiership teams probably got over you. Heavy’s are not fun to frag in videos, at least when it can take more than 4 nades alone. But that’s not what you’re supposed to do.

As for Heavy being OP, I would love if someone could really elaborate on that, like in what situations and probably explain why there’s like only one team in the world who uses it regularly in 6v6 setting. (and jägarna of course <3)

TL;dr
store your brain cells in a fridge, don't burn them, use them, that might just make you win the round
double this and double that is fine as long as you don't realize you're losing the season because you couldn't use those tactics at some point
blame the rules, not the people
heavy limit 1: yes
the reason why I defend exotic tactics is because we're being faggots next season and gonna run heavy
I don’t know why Heavy is OP in what sense
(probably a lot of holes in it, but my opinion at least)

TL;dr of TL;dr
god, at least read the TL;dr

Last edited by hurr,

Isai

flowerpower/

Quoted from ilike2spin

It does make the game boring, its not impossible to counter but its really lame to be forced to run spies and snipers. It degrades completely to public play, one team isn’t used to playing with 2 spies and a sniper and the other team isn’t used to playing against it so it’s not a case of one team having the upper hand because they’ve practised.

I’m all for it, neither of those two weapons are OP anyway. Hopefully ETF2L staff considers unbanning them.

Jude

notdoggo

Quoted from hurr

All props to Continuity for this. We had a few laughs when fighting them on Freight aka “turtle map extraordinare” and instead of sending a few brain cells to hell we decided to adapt to different tactics that time around, and the feelings after killing off that pyro+heavy+engy defense was extra satisfactory, to say the least. :D Same with the bunch of REJ peeps who were off-classing to match our low level (which was a pretty long time ago, when we were new) it’s been really fun and it feels like our 500+ pubbing hours don’t come in vain.
On Freight it was just a matter of which different routes to take, not having someone run a different class and counter with “exotic” tactics. Freight is not exactly rich on routes, but going these extra steps are as easy as deciding on where to hide your stickies, except that you have lots of other options at disposal. Takes a bit of creativity, patience and luck. And in a div5 game on Freight, it should be rather easy. You have a train, use it. We succeeded 3 times at this.

On the subject of double heavy double engy defense, the way I interpret is that it’s going over the line with our team’s etiquettes. I don’t think we’ve ever used a tactic like that actually. Double heavy is used at desperate times, but it’s more or less because the rules allow that. I’m going to bring up the “hurr durr” card and say that despite what Beater might be hinting at, Venzi Esports used double heavy on Gravel Pit during our official. Okay okay, that’s fine and all, and it’s like what’s been repeated in this thread that rules are the culprit, not the players. This is not attacking Venzi Esports or anything, they just took advantage of the rules which is totally rightful in this case, or maybe Beater actually thinks his teammates going Heavy suck. (and a bit of bragging in here, I managed to survive in the C tower for longer as a single Heavy than they ever did with double Heavy + their defense, like 7 minutes or something. And they had a good sniper et all) No loss of respect to them, at least Gravel Pit didn’t turn out like Freight where (NOTE) NO lame tactics were used but we still ended up playing a round for 27 minutes..
Trying to make sense here, I’m not really trying to explain that my team is staying away from taking advantage of certain rules, but if you happen to only win Gravel Pit this season because of your groundbreaking defense and lose every other map, it’s maybe time to look in the mirror and point out what you’re doing wrong. And watch the other team while they proceed into div5 while you didn’t.

So what’s this: hurr is defending shitty tactics? Are you a man with some fucking thing called honor? No, heavy limit 1 next season, definitely. Heavy has grown more powerful the past 2 years and it’s time to embrace that. It’s a bit of surprise that they didn’t enforce it this season actually, seeing as premiership players have been complaining about double heavy on gullywash last point for a while, and ever since the message has been spreading like a virus among people, which is kinda expected.

I think ETF2L did a fantastic job banning the right weapons this season, aside from that little heavy mishap. Most of these unlocks have no real cheap way of being used, nor do most of them have any real impact on the game as they are mere variations of what’s in the box already. They’re going to have a much tougher job next season and there might be more bans on polycount weapons than everything that’s been released before. And sorry “medlocks only” supporters, I hesitate to agree with you. It’s just makes the game terribly bland and it has all the things to put a nail into competitive tf2’s coffin, or at least end many fun-minded people’s continuation in 6v6. I started playing comp since summer, and I’m not looking to leave the scene anytime soon, and not that we’re unlock-happy or anything, but having to play under wireplay’s rules felt fucking agonizing. Being a pubber for the past 2 years, it’s just something I can’t make sense of. Some of the stuff have turned integral to the game. Is this really a warm welcome to people new to competitive? No.
To summarize, sorry but “medlocks only” gives me an idea of a “scout+medic+demo+solly only” rule, as unlocks are at average as impactful as some utility classes, and it’s outright horrible. Leagues should make good rules and people can take advantage of them as much as they want. I’m really not into looking to join wp next season.

Oh yeah, and to end this, we’ve played with a very skilled heavy for a while now and on every map, btw. And so far we’ve had more trouble with div4 teams who almost write nothing in the chat than with div3/div2+ teams/players burning their last fucking brain cells on writing in the chat window because they couldn’t focus on an overhealed Heavy on granary mid from the crates. But hurr, fucking try it out yourself. I play scout and it happens, with a bit of teamwork with another scout’s help we can still kill a revved up heavy along with his medic quite easily. Learn to focus targets maybe, that’s what premiership teams probably got over you. Heavy’s are not fun to frag in videos, at least when it can take more than 4 nades alone. But that’s not what you’re supposed to do.

As for Heavy being OP, I would love if someone could really elaborate on that, like in what situations and probably explain why there’s like only one team in the world who uses it regularly in 6v6 setting. (and jägarna of course <3)

TL;dr
store your brain cells in a fridge, don't burn them, use them, that might just make you win the round
double this and double that is fine as long as you don't realize you're losing the season because you couldn't use those tactics at some point
blame the rules, not the people
heavy limit 1: yes
the reason why I defend exotic tactics is because we're being faggots next season and gonna run heavy
(probably a lot of holes in it, but my opinion at least)

TL;dr of TL;dr
god, at least read the TL;dr

has vali finally met his match? :O

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

You tell em Hurr! <3

hurr

tbh, not sure if I beat ashkan. :(

and who’s vali? :>

Last edited by hurr,

Ritalin

[d¿s]

I have absolutely no problem with teams utilising any of the 9 classes in any way they wish. As long as ETF2L allows it, it’s fine by me. The classes exist to give teams situational advantages.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 11 Next »