Forum

Dear Div 4/5

Created 13th December 2010 @ 20:34

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 11 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

Continoobity (<3) is the reason I changed my mind regarding the whole we-must-vanilla thing.
I'll happily sound like a retard and shout "medlocks" in unison with dunc.

Sofa King

Quoted from Beater

Exotic tactics are all fine and dandy, but teams that use heavies as a way to make up for their lack of ability need to go die in a fire. Seriously.

I agree.

Thanks for the honor bell ;)

You can use gunslinger on mid all you want, but having 2 heavies, and 2 engies at gravelpit A is so ridicously overpowered and imposible to counter, that im sure that you cant do it yourself.

heavy limit 1 or 0

Last edited by Sofa King,

Your team countered it the round right before you joined. :D

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from Beater

Exotic tactics are all fine and dandy, but teams that use heavies as a way to make up for their lack of ability need to go die in a fire. Seriously.

So it’s the other team’s fault that they know their strenghts and play them out? Isn’t it more your fault if you’re not able to deal with a heavy – which is REAAAAAALLY an exotic tactic nowadays, haven’t seen on in actual gameplay for months!!1! – properly? …

I agree, double heavy + sentry on gully last might be a called ‘lame’, but still – its only YOUR fault if you cannot deal with it.

Last edited by ash,

Tommeh

‹Con›

dat smiley edit

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Sofa King

having 2 heavies, and 2 engies at gravelpit A is so ridicously overpowered and imposible to counter

haha, u bad?

edit because I bad and because Pain is russian :D

Last edited by Datenshi,

Mors Immortalis

KoP!?

Quoted from Sofa King

[…]

I agree.

Thanks for the honor bell ;)

You can use gunslinger on mid all you want, but having 2 heavies, and 2 engies at gravelpit A is so ridicously overpowered and imposible to counter, that im sure that you cant do it yourself.

heavy limit 1 or 0

you are joking, right ?

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from pena

Don’t be surprised that rage will occur when you’re using such lame tactics.

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html

The derogatory term “scrub” means several different things. One definition is someone (especially a game player) who is not good at something (especially a game). By this definition, we all start out as scrubs, and there is certainly no shame in that. I mean the term differently, though. A scrub is a player who is handicapped by self-imposed rules that the game knows nothing about. A scrub does not play to win.

Now, everyone begins as a poor player—it takes time to learn a game to get to a point where you know what you’re doing. There is the mistaken notion, though, that by merely continuing to play or “learn” the game, one can become a top player. In reality, the “scrub” has many more mental obstacles to overcome than anything actually going on during the game. The scrub has lost the game even before it starts. He’s lost the game even before deciding which game to play. His problem? He does not play to win.

The scrub would take great issue with this statement for he usually believes that he is playing to win, but he is bound up by an intricate construct of fictitious rules that prevents him from ever truly competing. These made-up rules vary from game to game, of course, but their character remains constant. Let’s take a fighting game off of which I’ve made my gaming career: Street Fighter.

In Street Fighter, the scrub labels a wide variety of tactics and situations “cheap.” This “cheapness” is truly the mantra of the scrub. Performing a throw on someone is often called cheap. A throw is a special kind of move that grabs an opponent and damages him, even when the opponent is defending against all other kinds of attacks. The entire purpose of the throw is to be able to damage an opponent who sits and blocks and doesn’t attack. As far as the game is concerned, throwing is an integral part of the design—it’s meant to be there—yet the scrub has constructed his own set of principles in his mind that state he should be totally impervious to all attacks while blocking. The scrub thinks of blocking as a kind of magic shield that will protect him indefinitely. Why? Exploring the reasoning is futile since the notion is ridiculous from the start.

Exchange Street Fighter for TF2, and throws and specials for Heavies and whatever. The only difference is we can speak directly to the ETF2L staff instead of the SF players who can’t communicate directly with Capcom (I know they usually involve a handful of top players to develop their next game though). So if you don’t like the rules as they are, battle the rules but not the players playing perfectly within the rules.

Last edited by skeej,

Sofa King

Quoted from ash

[…]

So it’s the other team’s fault that they know their strenghts and play them out? Isn’t it more your fault if you’re not able to deal with a heavy – which is REAAAAAALLY an exotic tactic nowadays, haven’t seen on in actual gameplay for months!!1! – properly? …

I agree, double heavy + sentry on gully last might be a called ‘lame’, but still – its only YOUR fault if you cannot deal with it.

well let’s all do that then, and have a ubered pyro to blow people away, and have the sentrys to do the rest…

Beater

Danmark
LEGO

Quoted from ash

[…]

Using heavies is not playing to your own strengths, it’s realising that you suck so you take advantage of the fact that heavies have been buffed to the point that any dimwitted idiot with downs-syndrome is able to play the class. Heavy is overpowered, easy to play and incredibly boring to deal with. But I guess it’s my fault for wanting to enjoy the game instead of sitting back at chokes spamming heavies with infinite health until we magically get a medic pick so that we can push in.
As for using 2 heavies and 2 engies on last, it’s really just an excercise in pointlessness since it’s impossible to push into and impossible to push out with, you know, fun!

Sofa King

Quoted from Beater

[…]

Using heavies is not playing to your own strengths, it’s realising that you suck so you take advantage of the fact that heavies have been buffed to the point that any dimwitted idiot with downs-syndrome is able to play the class. Heavy is overpowered, easy to play and incredibly boring to deal with. But I guess it’s my fault for wanting to enjoy the game instead of sitting back at chokes spamming heavies with infinite health until we magically get a medic pick so that we can push in.
As for using 2 heavies and 2 engies on last, it’s really just an excercise in pointlessness since it’s impossible to push into and impossible to push out with, you know, fun!

inb4 DERP counter with a sniper or spy lol

Shep_Cro

W.tf

Quoted from FUN POLICE RUINS TF2

Your team countered it the round right before you joined. :D

That’s true.

It was legit and all, and I agree we have no claim on whether it was allowed. But we have the right to rage when we see a 2 heavy, 2 engi, medic, demo defense of Gravelpit A in an official. Why? Because we never saw that shit before. Wouldn’t you rage too? Ofc you would. Did we make a fuss about it? No. Did we report you? Fuck no, that would be childish. Do we use it as a derogatory joke now? Yes. Do you mind? The fuck if we care, we’re allowed to joke. You shouldn’t. It’s all fun. As you said, it’s your strength. Use it.

It’s childish, tho, to advert it on the forums while the season is still on. Not to mention attention whore about it. Who bitched about it probably won’t get far in the game. But then again, you might wanna consider developing more than one tactic that works. :)

Tommeh

‹Con›

can we have less danes in here?

edit: I guess therion didn’t tell you of the things he said to datenshi shep? :(

Last edited by Tommeh,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Shep_Cro

But we have the right to rage when we see a 2 heavy, 2 engi, medic, demo defense of Gravelpit A in an official. Why? Because we never saw that shit before.

your fault then )))

Quoted from Shep_Cro

Do we use it as a derogatory joke now? Yes.

lol, a joke? therion is fucking mad OMG DIV5 IS FUCKING SERIOUS

Last edited by octochris,

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 11 Next »