Forum

Medic "freeze" issues

Created 25th April 2008 @ 02:27

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »

lezek

[j]\\\'
[j]'

Heya guys.

I just wanna know if there is anyone except me who gets these 2-3 sec freezes sometimes when playing as medic.

What happens is that the game just freezes everything around you keep moving and play out as normal but you just stand there with your “lagg”. And worst thing is. sometimes this happens when u have to trigger your über and sometimes when this happens all models go “invisible” where you have to record and stop.

First i thought this was an issue with my computer and bought myself a new HDD but nothing changed.

So been doubting GFX card and so forth for awhile. But since this only happen when i play medic and no other class I’m still in doubts. Today when playing mix sommie got the exact same problems as i usually do and he was playing medic aswell.

If anyone else is experiencing this state it here so I/we can sort out if its the class in itself or wtf it is..

Coinz

Nave

I think the problem is in your connection routing to some servers. In the other day that happened with 2 Cruciamentum players in Animate server.

Epothon

I and a few others used to have it on the tfpickup server from multiplay, very weird thing when it happens, very annoying too.

The problem is probably the routing as coinz said

F2

Danmark

I am experiencing the exact same problem. When the lag occurs, ventrilo still works fine. I’m not sure what it is.

lezek

[j]\\\'
[j]'

Then i have routing problems to all servers..

Since this happens everywhere.

But only when i play medic.

I need to do some further investigation. Cause this sux..

pukz

I’m not sure what the problem might be however I’ve played medic for 80% of the time since december and ive never had this problem.

sorry it’s not much help but if it was source i would of thought it would of effected me at some point!

agron

Relic

I sometimes get those weird “lag spikes” as I call em, mostly as a medic, but that might be just coincidence. The screen freezes and I end up standing still for about 3 secs at “best”. Vent works…i know it because the abuse others throw at me then :D

“Moooooove you stuuuupiiid piece of ****!” :P

I always thought it was just my connection having a fit…

Epothon

Maybe its TF2 telling you to quit!! :p

TF2 netcode sucks cock to be honest.. Join lag, the freezes, the interp issues (scouts)

Eze

i have the same problem, i dont know if i only get it as medic but since i play like 90% medic, i only notice it as medic… i have to endure 3-4 secs of lag, then i have to start recording a demo to prevent getting killed by invisible scouts.

Riemu

element //

well, tbh – i have experienced the same, and i know from my own dyings that gegon does so too

sometimes (for example the semi finals against sigh6), gegon walks in front of me (which he likes to do alot!) and suddenly stands still for 2-3 secs and shouting “LAAAAG” on vent. After that, some ppl go invisible for him (can be own team mates some times or even enemies)

in the match against sigh6 he had to retry, because he didnt see 2 enemies i think.

and – like i said, i have experienced it too – but i am not quite sure if i did play medic or another class. might have happened while playing medic tho, since i did it couple of times the last weeks.

Jdanzi

Yeh I too have this alot, like once a map sort of thing. I did think it was my internet connection, but maybe not. I however don’t get invisible people, just a 3second pause and then the game catches up on itself.

F2

Danmark

I just experienced this type of lag on the new pickup server as an engineer in pre-tournament time.

agron

Relic

and there comes F2 to ruin the “valve hates medicz”-theory! damn you! :)

for me those longer lags havent caused invisible ppl syndrome, but sometimes (more often than these long lags) i get a freeze of like 0,5 seconds, and then the invisibility kicks in :S

F2

Danmark

Perhaps it has something to do with ventrilo. At least I don’t think I have experienced it when playing ffa.

Jdanzi

Actually I think you might be right … back when our clan used TS I never had the problem.

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »