Forum

TF2 @ DREAMHACK - ONLINE PETITION

Created 1st December 2010 @ 11:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 22 Next »

agron

Relic

Quoted from Darn

that has nothing to do with duncs secrets.

I wish dunc would spill out the beans already.

OR ELSE I WILL IIÄÄÄÄÄÄÄGGHG

Enef

fest
#wubafan

One of the guys that made Bloodline Champions is a huge Quake player and quite well known by some of the top end quake guys (James “2GD” Harding http://www.stunlockstudios.com/page/press/2 ). They also had a booth at DH2010 advertising the game and it was designed specifically as an eSports game. It’s no surprise it made it into a list that was voted by the people who were there.

Notice “After DreamHack Winter 2010 we asked all our visitors for opinions on what game they wanted to be featured at upcomming events, here are the results, thanks for your input!”

LoL is a similair situation as i understand it, it was designed specifically to be an eSports game and its new and fresh in everyones minds.

Last edited by Enef,

nvc

Did someone say Bloodline Champions? http://www.levelupyourgame.net/blc on 4th February 2011

:DD

Comedian

i don’t care if TF2 is the first one on the list, or the last one, the most important thing is that we are on there! now it will be our duty to get the best teams to dreamhack and show them that TF2 is awesome and happening! so next year we can be higher on the list :D

Galant

candy
Autism

Quoted from Enef

Notice “After DreamHack Winter 2010 we asked all our visitors for opinions on what game they wanted to be featured at upcomming events, here are the results, thanks for your input!”

I suppose it is not the final list announcement of eSports games for Summer DH…

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

success, now lets push ESWC

Extremer

This doesn’t necessarily mean TF2 will be one of the tournaments, just fyi.

Qun

GoT<3

Dreamhack announcend prize purse, games annoucements on friday. http://www.dreamhack.se/DHS11/2011/02/02/15-million-sek-prize-purse/

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Don’t expect what Dreamhack offer to be the final prizepot btw ;)

trams

-><-

Listened to Slop3 and Greykarn from the Swedish site Rakaka, they talked about Dreamhack and Greykarn is manager for the esport section on DH.

It went something like this:
Slop3: We dont want to see no fuckin small games, we want SC2 and 1.6, noone wants to see TF2 and Cod.
Greykarn: Silent………………. well, I wish we could host a lot of tournaments, and we cant just go for the big games, its dangerous to just support SC2.

So I think the future looks bright ;)

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

Quoted from Comedian

i don’t care if TF2 is the first one on the list, or the last one, the most important thing is that we are on there! now it will be our duty to get the best teams to dreamhack and show them that TF2 is awesome and happening! so next year we can be higher on the list :D

Not only the best teams, we also need the fanatic growd of fanboys to yell their lungs out and cheer them on. It was so fun to see in Summer Assembly that CS finals were pretty much empty of audience. TF2 guys started to play and there was a small, but noisy growd and soon there was so many spectators that they were actually sitting on floor and asking TF2 players that what the fuck is going on in the match right now.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Admirable & Perry Two Man Crowd service.

Competitive prices, crowd atmosphere guaranteed.

Call 555-WEH8NVC for more details.

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

Quoted from Admirable

Call 555-WEH8NVC for more details.

roflmao! (must be a typo in the number, didn’t work)

dunc

infs
dp.

Hi all,

I’ve had further positive responses since I originally posted about DH.

I now need to put together an organisational team, comprising of two elements.

If you’re interested, and match either/both of the attributes required, please contact ShoX on IRC. He’ll then take your e-mail address and hand it over to me so that I can contact you.

All conversations will be done over e-mail as I can’t access the intarwebz on an evening (until 28th March, cry) and can rarely get on ETF2L during the day. Any responses on here will likely go unread.

ELEMENT ONE – ONLINE
One or more of…
# Do you have the time and inclination to get a TF2 tournament at Dreamhack?
# Do you have experience contacting large business organisations?
# Do you have experience marketing events?

ELEMENT TWO – OFFLINE
At least…
# The ability to get to Dreamhack this summer. That means self-funding (there’ll be no money involved to help you get there) and the time off work etc. It needs to be definite, no “maybe”. Book the time off now, you cunts.
# An understanding of TF2, and some ideas as to how we can best put together the most competitive TF2 LAN event ever.
And preferably…
# Working experience of administrating a LAN event, preferably a TF2 one. i-series and MaxLAN guys, I desperately need you here please.

I’m sure I’ve missed some stuff. ShoX doesn’t have much further information, so don’t pester him with random questions. Do pester him if you’re interested.

clippen

sick news, hopefully you’ll get the people

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 22 Next »