Forum

TFTrue 2.8

Created 30th December 2008 @ 10:15

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 41 Next »

agron

Relic

Anakin: lolz…didnt actually think about the dmgs that way :>

my bad…

well I’m still kind aworried about this mods effect on the scene…i dont know…fuck it, it’s new years and tf2 is dead anyway. till next year…

Arnold

DAKKA

on the contrary agron, you said fights will take longer and medic will have an easier time healing everybody.

but you seem to forget we also remove the lower end of the damage range.

imo getting rid of the random damage range is pure gold and will add more depth to this game, keeping it just feels gimmicky and retarded.

PS: skinnie, i actually long for the day your head explodes

Mick-

we will still rape the tf2 scene next year , with or without static damages anyway , happy new year noobs!

skinnie

TCM

better make a plug in as well that sets fixed rates etc

HOW U LIKE THAT ARNOLD

AnAkkk

I don’t see the point of a plugin which set fixed rates when there is already sv_mincmdrate/sv_maxcmdrate/sv_maxupdaterate/sv_minupdaterate/sv_maxrate/sv_minrate.

Ino

dp.
dp.

Heavys do more damage with it? Awesome, I’m gonna play Heavy again :P
I think there should be a “TFTrue 2.0 cup” or sth like it to test this plug-in, if it’s as great as I think it is everybody will be convinced by then. And as it is a serverside mod that’s really easy to install there should be no big problems once that Linux bug is fixed.

AnAkkk

How could it make the heavy do more damage when it takes the middle damage of his damage range?

And Mick is against it because he thinks it’s nerfing demo a lot, but he thinks like the plugin only remove the high value of damages, he doesn’t understand that you get the mid value, so in the end it’s not really a nerf because you won’t get low values of damages. It is a nerf just because you won’t kill scouts in 1 grenade (and the chance of doing with random damage it is not high, but it sometimes happens).

payard

mLm

It seems a good idea.Maybe we sould try it first and talk about this plug after.

Mick-

i’m against because i like the game the way it is right now , i dont care about the demoman since i dont play it :P

archu

rda

More randomness -> less competitive.

Jones

bs. Football has loads of randomness and is the most watched/played/published game in the world.

seraph

rEJ

gonna put it out there:

the inability to be guaranteed to win a 1v1 based purely on skill (due to the random damage) adds a lot of tactical and teamplay depth to the game, imo.

Sure it might mean you lose a 1v1 that you should have won, but over the course of a 30 min map these things will even each other out. Often.

AnAkkk

Then you should probably say the same things about crits.

The linux crash bug has been fixed, just redownload using the link in the first post.

Rele

Jones, randomness in football could be minimized as well (computerchips in the ball and in the goals, sensors that tell you offside or not, video proof to tell if a referee decided wrong). Does that mean we have to act the same way as FIFA? No :S

archu

rda

,,bs. Football has loads of randomness and is the most watched/played/published game in the world.”

And ? Popular game means skillful game? Its just the opposite.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 41 Next »