Forum

HELP! GCFScape not working

Created 28th October 2010 @ 09:45

Add A Reply Pages: 1

revanxp

After last tf2 update i can’t access to tf2 content using GCFscape.
I’m having this error when trying to open any tf2 content file:

Error writing C:UsersRevan_xpAppDataLocalTemphudlayout.res (Error: Requested view (1833755556, 8192) does not fit inside mapping, (0, 0).)

This means i can’t open default tf2 files and update my hud. So please, if someone knows how to fix this, let me know asap.

Thanks in advance

octochris

(0v0)

happening for everyone.

Orange

KORE
element //

hi
tell me what files/dirs you need.
i will send you link

G-Mang

Quoted from Orange

hi
tell me what files/dirs you need.
i will send you link

I got GCFScape to work, but /resource/ui/MainMenuOverride.res appears corrupt. If your copy is working right, could you please send that or host it somewhere? Thanks!

Mark

Phase

The GCF is too big now for the program to handle it. The creator said he’ll make a new version this weekend.

revanxp

good to know. Ty guys

revanxp

Don’t Panic – Nem
Posted: Oct 29th, 2010 – 1:37:09 am

I’ve received a number of emails from users having trouble extracting files from team fortress 2 content.gcf. It’s taken eight years, but with the advent of the TF2 Haunted Halloween Special, Valve have finally authored a GCF file larger than 4 GB. As many of you have found out, HLLib does not properly support files larger than 4 GB (partly due to my naive younger self, and partly because I wasn’t sure if Steam did either).

Long story short, I updated HLLib to support files larger than 4 GB tonight, and I will release said update this weekend when I have time to build all the installers and more thoroughly test everything.

Happy Halloween!

Add A Reply Pages: 1