Forum

gg hats

Created 21st October 2010 @ 19:34

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from RaCio

Micro-transactions and hats have not much to do with a good community or a quality game.
As long as there is attention for the core quality of the game there shouldn’t be a problem. But seeing weird things like stat hats (literally haven’t found anyone who liked the idea of tying stats to hats) and disabling accounts of several players for no reason it seems that is not the case anymore.

Agreed, but I’m saying neither of those issues are really related to this. Disabling accounts is bad admining on steam’s part, and the stat hats are just a silly idea. I just mean the idea that someone made something, it got picked up by the game devs, the devs make money, the item makers get money, and the community gets a new item. Everybody wins.

But ye, just saw Rafe’s post and I tend to agree with him.

Last edited by Skyride,

RaCio

GoT²

Well, the idea is good. The reason money is earned is because of the stats tied to hats and because the crafting recipe was made 3 times more expensive. If neither of those were true this would indeed have been a win situation for the community.

G-Mang

Quoted from Rafe

Feel sorry for the mapmakers that put way more effort in and made something far more substantial but only got 3.5k

I definitely agree with this sentiment.

Though I’d like to think that a full, officialized map would be more impressive for a resume than saying an item set you modeled was one of five winning entries in a contest.

Last edited by G-Mang,

Skyweb

you dont need a resume when you make a hat :3

hans

Shit why did I study something as useless as electrical engineering, should have learned how to make hats instead…

Random

[Gb]

Quoted from G-Mang

[…]
I definitely agree with this sentiment.

Though I’d like to think that a full, officialized map would be more impressive for a resume than saying an item set you modeled was one of five winning entries in a contest.

Who needs a resume when you’re getting $47000 every week?

I’m pretty sure most novelists wouldn’t make that much after a week of releasing a new book :| (..the publishers on the other hand)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2