Forum

What's the best gear for TeamFortress 2 ?

Created 21st October 2010 @ 12:44

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

MX518
Boogie Bug
G15
Fata1ity

JackieBoy

LTG.

Ulti-Mat Breathe F-X3
Logitech MX518
Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset
Razer Arctosa Silver

Harlski

Quoted from octochris

[…]

tell me you’re trolling, everything you just listed is bad

Works for me :(

GENY

Roccat Kone
Steelseries QcK+
Hyperglides
Teflon Spray
Roccat Kave
Cherry Keyboard with Laptop Keys

quad

Old Razer Deathadder
Puretrak Talent
Razer Lycosa
Steelseries 5Hv2

Jers1

tR67

Wooden table
Logitech MX518
Creative Fatal1ty
Logitech G11

Ftw

Oscar

Cheers

Quoted from ZxP

mice, keyboard, mousepad

All down to personal preference, really. I wouldn’t really let anyone try and convince you otherwise. As long as you don’t see people completely writing it off, then there shouldn’t really be any problems.

Quoted from ZxP

headphones

Never ever get a headset. Headphones without a built in mic are so much better in terms of sound quality.
Generally, the consensus, at the moment, is that the ATH-AD700 Headphones with a Zalman ZM-MIC1 Clip On Mic are currently the best for you money.
Currently, I have both, great quality and definitely worth your money, even if the headphones are slightly pricey.

Though, as this thread became a place for people to post their own setups, I might as well continue the trend.

Logitech G9X
Steelseries QCK+
Logitech G13 Gameboard or Logitech G15 Keyboard, I seem to continuously swap back and forth.
Audio Technica ATH-AD700
Zalman ZM-MIC1 Clip-on Mic.

Last edited by Oscar,

Nuck

TIDS
TSGHUH

my beloved black hoody and my comfy basketball shorts.

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Find something reliable and stick with it for a while, it will be second nature, and believe me, that’s very pleasant. Especially applies to mice, since your sensitivity never ends up exactly the same when you switch.

***Known quirks among mice by brand***
Razer:
* vertical displacement while exceeding horizontal tracking speed limit, regarding mice from old (there is a thread about this) Concerns pretty much all mice after the old razerback as i understand.
* Jittering abbyssus.
Steel Series: Positive acceleration

Take notice about if mice have prediction and avoid it, since switching between mice will require you to readapt to new parameters. Off is allways off, regardless. Also fucks up your aim.

For keyboards I’d suggest something with a short pushdown distance, mechanical or scissor switches.

Lastly, a good setup doesn’t have to cost a fortune. There is little benefit to be had above €60. I run quite a cheap setup, not for economical reasons, but because it’s what I found most efficient.

Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1 Black €20
SteelSeries QcK+ €15
Logitech Ultra-X Black €18

***General Advice***

Mice:
Good experience with:
Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1
Microsoft Intellimouse explorer 3.0 (old and new)
Microsoft Intellimouse explorer 1.1
Razer krait
Bad experience with:
Razer abussys (jitter, displacement)
Razer Salmosa (drift control, sqeaky buttons)
Razer Diamondback 3g (displaced center of mass, neg. acc.)
MS make some kickass reliable mice that happen to be really cheap. They have to be overclocked though, but it’s a breeze(hidusb and mouserate). http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6351/msmice.png Zowie makes a neat coated version. http://www.zowiegear.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=1&Itemid=395

Mousepads:
Funcsurface (for small hard)
Steelseries qck+/Puretrak Talent looks promising (for large soft)
Keyboards:
The new apple keyboards look fit for gaming but not sure if it would be worth the hassle, some tweaking needs to be made. http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/electronics/detail-page/apple-keyboard-mar09-hero.jpg

Take the opertunity to try out the gear of others to see what you like.

Last edited by ell,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

The accel problem is only really prominent on the Kinzu. Hardly noticeable on the Xai (lowest sense I used was 40cm/360).

QcK is one of the worst mouse pads out there, the reason it’s so popular is the price.

Last edited by Koeitje,

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Koeitje

The accel problem is only really prominent on the Kinzu. Hardly noticeable on the Xai.

QcK is one of the worst mouse pads out there, the reason it’s so popular is the price.

I haven’t used any other soft pad other than the qck+, what does other pads like those from puretrak, qpad and roccat have over this one? I appreciate the fact that it is so thin so that when you apply preassure to the mouse it doesn’t sink down deep into the pad. Open for new options though, enlighten me.

Last edited by ell,

JackieBoy

LTG.

Quoted from ell

[…]
I haven’t used any other soft pad other than the qck+, what does other pads like those from puretrak, qpad and roccat have over this one? I appreciate the fact that it is so thin so that when you apply preassure to the mouse it doesn’t sink down deep into the pad. Open for new options though, enlighten me.

http://ulti-mat.com/

grimbar

Oh and don’t get any razer mice if you intend to use sidebuttons, they break like fuck.

grimbar

I didn’t click twice, mongfaces. Also yeah my Deathadder has an annoying feature of clicking twice every now and then.

Say again: I cannot for the life of someone recommend the Deathadder.

Get Microsoft mice

Last edited by grimbar,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from grimbar

I didn’t click twice, mongfaces. Also yeah my Deathadder has an annoying feature of clicking twice every now and then.

Say again: I cannot for the life of someone recommend the Deathadder.

Get Microsoft mice

My IE3.0 after living two years with left mbutton triggering thrice per click began to freak out when I press right one. No good.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5