Forum

Badlands mid

Created 13th October 2010 @ 13:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

LuckyLuke

UbeR |

Quoted from Nmx

He is playing scout and I feel the same, so i try not get in those situations. ( rollout through house or choke )

Leaving me fighting 2 scouts on my own beneath there. :P

j/k. I mostly just look where the enemy scouts are going, try to force them to get up the point by doing so myself and if they don’t, I just go aggro on them beneath and if I dont hit shit I get back up the point roaming a little and dodging spam untill a random pipe kills me. uuuuh, I mean waiting for the scouts to come up somewhere or get some heals… whatever really. :3

kuma

Might as well say what I do now, which is kinda obvious and probably what you do anyway.
When I’m in valley, I play according to the enemy scouts and what the heavies are doing above.

Defensive:
Use the various pillars (rocks, bridge supports) to block shots and force them into the open. Pop out for a quick shot and if you hurt them, they are forced back. You can chase for the kill if its feasible, but it’s good enough that you force them back. You can now move on and be useful elsewhere.

It’s easier to hit things when playing defensive and you have more margin for error, so you might want to focus on this more.

You should be defensive if there are two scouts underneath (while calling for backup), or if there is not much action on the bridge.

Aggressive:
Push them all the way back but stay around the middle pillars so you can dodge rockets and meatshots. There is no point going super aggressive, you just need to hurt and push back the enemy scouts enough so you can do other things.

You can be aggressive if there is one scout under bridge and you have the health advantage/better aim, or if both are passive on their choke (other scout should be hurting the demo on the bridge in this case). You can also play aggro in the valley if the heavies are jumping (yours or theirs) and your team has the momentum by picking their jumper or through a successful jump/spam. You also have less chance of stray spam coming your way (or you may need to help/fall back, decide according to overall health and position).

tl;dr: don’t eat spam, push their scouts back and do other shit

Last edited by kuma,

Dummy

I never go valley, always either tell my scout buddy or a soldier to watch it, I almost always help the demo by going choke and a) guarding demoman more or less and b) watching their side of the valley. there’s a brief time when i dont see valley which’s when my scout buddy watches it
edit: never go valley because im shit :>

Last edited by Dummy,

Gubbins

Op4

Quoted from Genmix

Hey guys,

I decided to make this topic after i made an observation about myself:

On badlands mid, i have no problems with aiming and effectively killing people as scout when im on the bridge, but the moment i go into valley i cant hit shit.
I don’t know whats causing this but i was just wondering,

Does anyone else have this problem?
it might be interesting to find an explanation for this,

Discuss :D
x

Slopes

SiTeHBu0mbb

DOWN

Probably you just don’t really aim. You do got a crosshair enabled right?
Look at it, use it. Another option is to take your time aiming on the enemy then shoot, and when you are comfortable with it do it faster and faster.

flushy

P.O.P

ur not Kodyl

Predz

[DA]
[DA]

see you under bridge

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2