Forum

Speeding up the game?

Created 30th September 2010 @ 20:43

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Spank

Has anyone thought of speeding up the game by, lets say 10%?

Last edited by Spank,

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/129192062633314898.jpg

Dummy

so its like quakish or something? why would you want that though?

Spank

I’m serious…
Just got back to tf2 after a shortish break and i felt it to be awkwardly slow at times, allot of the times actually.

Im surprised that no one thought seriously (?) ’bout implementing this since quite a few of the top players come from quake and the difference is huge :).

10% wouldnt make it “quakeish”

Last edited by Spank,

Dummy

Quoted from Spank

I’m serious…
Just got back to tf2 after a shortish break and i felt it to be awkwardly slow at times, allot of the times actually.

Im surprised that no one thought seriously (?) ’bout implementing this since quite a few of the top players come from quake and the difference is huge :).

10% wouldnt make it “quakeish”

yeah but you should consider the fact that its just a few people who play tf2 who played quake before
not really sure how it would be implemented though, i mean in a vote it would get voted down, if it was enforced (talking about etf2l here) it would cause an uproar, a second league (if it would by a chance get some following) would split the already small scene
besides, how WOULD you speed it up?
and remember that you would have to l2airshot and stuff all over again!

tesco

mrp.

host_timescale 1.1?:D

Last edited by tesco,

Dummy

Quoted from tesco

>.>
i did a derp

Spank

Alright, fair points there.
How I would implement it? I know little to nothing about the numbers and stuff that are behind the pretty shiny thingys on my screen. However, others do.
Speed what up? Everything, the whole game, balancing stuff that obviously gets OP is something you’ll do in the beta phase.

How to implement it in comp. is another question though. And I think that discussion would go on and on into eternity before the “mod” even been tried out somewhat.

I’m just surprised it hasnt even been thought of at all (seemingly).
I’d imagine faster, more intense gameplay.

edit: *facepalmlol*

Last edited by Spank,

WLL

Quoted from nTraum

i love you for that pic
<3

AnimaL

Quoted from nTraum

O_o

pena

Quoted from tesco

Playing with sv_cheats 1? Are you fucking kidding me?

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Obviously if something like this was implemented, it would either be by a mod or be by a mod, not just by using a cvar. host_timescale 1.1 would be an easy way to test it tho. Also, back when tftrue 2.X was relevant, didn’t anakin talk something about certain commands flagged as cheats have their own flags which enable them to be used without sv_cheats 1?

Rotab

≧◡≦

Quoted from pena

[…]Playing with sv_cheats 1? Are you fucking kidding me?

for testing. drpdprprp

Beevster

Speed isnt everything!! (ok i just got a driving ban for speeding but uno what i mean)

Pyle

Community mod for tf2 :) Speeding things up, increasing air control, fast weapon switch, enable bunnyhopping, remove all 12 year old toys, set age limit to 18+ so we can make the pyro topless ?

Last edited by Pyle,

Add A Reply Pages: 1