JackieBoy

LTG.

We need a promod.

End of story.

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Ched

[…]

You can still delete them regardless. So if you manage to recover your account, chances are you’ve lost all the items you’ve paid for.

Valve can return them.

They did so with that guy who got his wrench deleted by another person.

nath

[Ω]

Ok, let’s discuss how the actual weapons works in actual gameplay, after having actually used them (not just read the descriptions and then said vanilla+med, or allow’em’all).

Gloves of Running Urgently (GRU) for Heavy: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/GRU

The GRU:s are equipped in the melee slot and punches as fast as the KGB:s but do less damage. But the real thing about them is that when equipped, the heavy moves at 100 % speed, the same as the sniper, spy etc. You however lose 6 hp per second when they are equipped.

I’ve only had the chance to test them on badlands so far, on 2 pcw:s, where we switched the pocket soldier for the heavy, and rest normal. I only got to mid like 1-2 secs after the medic, something which wasn’t noticable. Well there I did the “normal” pocket work, taking down agressive soldiers and scouts. Both of those tasks were easier with the heavy than with the soldier quite frankly. If it was no agression I either moved up or just spammed my minigun (I used sasha + sandvich) over the map. The GRU:s were a really big advantage both here and when you pushed on, you could really push with the team since you had the same pace. It takes a little time to remember to equip them every time you actually are going to move, but you get used to it. You could come up with some ideas for it, for example I ran forward with the gloves to the other team on last and when i started to lose to much health we ubered, but I was so fast with them that I actually got quite close before we ubered.

The major downside was, maybe quite suprisningly, that i couldn’t jump to block points, which was one of the few occasions where a normal pocket would have been better. You maybe think that we weren’t able to build uber well, but we never had a problem with that during the 2 matches, both because I took quite a lot of damage, and when we for example was preparing to push last, the roamer was always there. Also, I never noticed the 6 hp drop off, both because I had a medic with me most of the time, otherwise I had my sandvich, which were very good for me and my medic. A small problem was also when we got ambushed with my GRU:s out, then I had to switch weapons and spin down the sasha, which took some time.

Conclusion: I think that the heavy can become very viable with the GRU:s, especially as pocket. When you use GRU:s + sandvich for the pocket-heavy, and Gun-boats + equilizer for the roaming soldier, I think we can get a partially new and very interessting game to play and watch.

Last edited by nath,

McQu@ck

[RJ]

Yellow paint+hound dog=Johnny Bravo? :D

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from nath

I think that the heavy can become very viable with the GRU:s, especially as pocket. When you use GRU:s + sandvich for the pocket-heavy, and Gun-boats + equilizer for the roaming soldier, I think we can get a partially new and very interessting game to play and watch.

did this in a pcw last night, worked very well.

Davib

Wasn’t there meant to be a new game mode or am I missing something in the hysteria of new hats?

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Davib

Wasn’t there meant to be a new game mode or am I missing something in the hysteria of new hats?

They didnt have time to fit it in, so they will release that later.

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

Does anyone know the console commands for the new multiplayer options such as “close the server browser when you have connected to a server”?

kim

idd.

Quoted from Atty

Does anyone know the console commands for the new multiplayer options such as “close the server browser when you have connected to a server”?

sb_close_browser_on_connect
cl_trading_show_requests_from

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Mailed Robin about paint and DX8, got this in response:

We would love to do so, but it’s unclear that the shader trick we use is possible at all in DX8. On the bright side, we’re doing some large performance optimizations for the next big TF2 update, and perhaps that’ll give you enough of a framerate boost to run DX9.

Robin.

franco

its embarassing to say you play tf2 as a competitive first person shooter when you can throw milk/piss at people and hit other players with fish while circle jerking over who has the better head wear. seriously, this isnt the way to attract players from the quake / cod / cs / whatever scene, etf2l has a chance to redeem tf2 as far as the competitive side is concerned. valve is not helping. pz

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from franco

its embarassing to say you play tf2 as a competitive first person shooter when you can throw milk/piss at people and hit other players with fish while circle jerking over who has the better head wear. seriously, this isnt the way to attract players from the quake / cod / cs / whatever scene, etf2l has a chance to redeem tf2 as far as the competitive side is concerned. valve is not helping. pz

Competitive gaming is serious business!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 19 20 21 22 Next »