Forum

TF2 Open Beta

Created 6th September 2010 @ 22:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 14 Next »

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Why should I have to play scout or demo just because those classes are the only real ones which matter in this game? How dumb is it that out of 9 classes this game essentially revolves around 2, and it’s not _TEAM_ fortress when it’s _HALF_ of your team which hold any influence at all.

At least in NA with the addition of gunboats, the roaming soldier can influence more because he arrives at middle fast. Isn’t this precisely why euro TF2 doesn’t want them? Let me quote Xzar regarding gunboats “surely I’ll love being in the middle after the enemy solly, kinda changes game mechanics. ban all but medic unlocks ploxxxxxxx”

“the game mechanics”

IE,. demo and scout influence

Vali

-9w-

Medic is useless, tf2 is dead.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Soldier is useless, tf2 is dead.

Are your really serious Fragga? Only scouts and demo have influence? Lets see how fast you get bummrolled in div2+ with a div6 medic and 2 div6 soldiers.

Last edited by Koeitje,

iQue

keso

I’ve always thought the demo and the soldier should have their movements speed switched.

/random comment

quad

I would like to see the game more fast paced somehow
Faster rockets
somekind of shotty for demo
increased movement speed

Would just like to see how it would work out.

franco

nah giving the demo a shotgun wouldnt be right, a player wit 1 hp or a player with half hp still has the same chance of killing a demo. thats sort of his only weakness.

helberg

Danmark
DANMARK

Quoted from iQue

I’ve always thought the demo and the soldier should have their movements speed switched.

/random comment

This could be nice

franco

i think switching their movement speeds will change the weight of the class, making rocket jumps much more effective and sticky jumps obviously worse. pretty sure that’s how it works in tf2.

M24_

the last beta failed because most of the yanks are desperatley trying to turn this game into quake fortress 2.

iQue

keso

Quoted from franco

i think switching their movement speeds will change the weight of the class, making rocket jumps much more effective and sticky jumps obviously worse. pretty sure that’s how it works in tf2.

That could definitely be tweaked, but yeah, that’s how it works at the moment.

blondeh

Quoted from franco

rocket jumps are always effective if you know how to do it.

franco

long sigh

Nagash

[CiC]
CiC

would be good to play about with all classes having their speeds editted.

the main reason why teams play demo/med/sol/scout has to be because they are the fastest combo to mid, which is vital for getting off to a good start. if valve want other classes to be better competitively, the other classes need to be able to have skills or weapons that help them get to mid, or just in position, faster.

it might not be great for the actual game, but would be fun to play about with.

Norrland3000

If Soldiers are useless, why don’t we use two of the other classes that we don’t even use in competitive.

Sniper
Spy
Pyro
Engineer
Heavy

Play with those and see if Soldier is so underpowered….

Last edited by Norrland3000,

ouch

Quoted from Fragga

Freshmeat is bang on. Most of you guys have never even played another fps game, let me tell you from experience this is how you kill a game. QW (great example) died because we all got too good, the entire level, even the noobs, were MILES above the skill of the newcomers, consequently new players dried up, the scene got old and died, same can be said of many other games.

TF2 is different inasmuch as valve keep pumping in changes, most of them are fucking terrible, but it keeps the game alive (hats lol). I heard some nonsense from division-one players about “NO PRO MOD, WE DON’T WANT TO SEPARATE THE COMP SCENE FROM THE PUB SCENE” well guess what, Vanilla TF2 (aka boring TF2) does exactly that, only it does it worse by empowering the scout and demo even more than normal.

this is spot on.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 14 Next »