Forum

TF2 Open Beta

Created 6th September 2010 @ 22:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 Next »

skinnie

TCM

Quoted from Azdean

[…]

Oh shut up, what the hell give you the right to undermine someone’s idea and opinion like that?

You get prize money unlike the rest of the community that gets fuck all, so why the hell do you think you can just walk on a topic that isn’t even aimed at you and think you can sit on the high horse and talk down to people?

I said I totally agree, why play some videogame if you don’t get money for it

Haunter

@azdean: TCM joins every competition that we have time to play even tho almost all of them has no prize (esl league, etf2l ASM, etf2l cup,etc ) much more competitions than your team joins and will ever join, and why? bcs we want to show our support to tf2

what about you? you only want to join a competition if you get money for it, and then attack the top teams, bit hypocrate there

Last edited by Haunter,

skinnie

TCM

you forgot the lans haunter :D

we have no chance of winning still we support them !

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from randa

because its skinnie who the hell are you?

skinnie is a person who happens to be very good at a video game. skinnie is infact a fairly nice guy irl as far as I know. Quite frankly though I wouldn’t take being spoken to that by anyone irl for any reason, so whats the difference on the internet?

Anyway, it wasn’t an attack on TCM (or any team in particular for that matter). The fact is you do win money occasionally (and not in small amounts either) while the rest of the game gets fuck all. Theres plenty of people who’d be absolutely happy as a clam by winning a fiver. :)

Last edited by Skyride,

toasty.

PHX

Come on guys at least try and discuss this in good faith. Not every thing on the internet has to be troll point scoring.

kuma

low teams clearly don’t deserve any money as they aren’t div 1 like randa

jgmaster

BM

Quoted from kuma

People deserve money for winning, not for just taking part. If lower teams want to win any money then they should consider setting up competitions which can only be participated by lower teams. Personally I just play because it’s fun :)

Last edited by jgmaster,

randa

Quoted from kuma

whatisthisidonteven ?

why should you get money for taking part?

kuma

why play some videogame if you don’t get money for it

Last edited by kuma,

toasty.

PHX

I think the money thing is a red herring.

Low teams don’t want to play against teams far better than them because it isn’t fun. High teams don’t want to play against low teams because it’s boring.

What about a bit of give an take. What if byte (or who ever) asks all the clans he has helped mentor to sign up to return the favour?

Just an idea?

Proper big tournaments are fun to just watch.

First off let me say that I don’t mean to bash you Kuma, it’s just that your posts contained the highest density of wrong.

Quoted from kuma

Just look at any top competitive game, be it Starcraft, CS, Quake or whatever, and there are no artificial restrictions at all.

The difference being that they don’t suck sweaty, unwashed penis.

Quoted from kuma

[…]

Yeah I’m one of them. But there are more of them than there are of us.

This doesn’t matter at all. This is the forum of a competitive league.

Quoted from kuma

Most successful comp games keep the format of pub play fairly similar to that of the comp side. See BW/SC2, Dota/Hon, Quake duels, etc. Even CS keeps the weapons used between pub and comp the same.

BW/SC2: Blizzard game, balance will be attained eventually, unless they start updating the game every few months.
Dota/Hon: Banning Pick.
Quake duels: The game, and that mode in particular, is from a time when competition in videogames was standard, when people still played games to beat their friends and improve, not to unlock achievements.
CS: There are 2 categories of weapons in CS- sucks balls, and doesn’t suck balls; if most/all class-update-weapons in TF2 were quite clearly worse than their vanilla counterpart we wouldn’t have this conversation.

Comparing apples and oranges is fun.

Quoted from Tikcus

also never heard a CSS or COD player complaining about flash bang or stun grenades

Holy fuck, lol.

Anyway, all this talk about weapons and classes doesn’t -at heart- really matter at all tbh. TF2 had issues for 2+ years that should’ve been addressed shortly after release, but valve can’t/won’t even playtest weapons before implementing them, so don’t hold your breath.

Quoted from InFlam0r

About the 40/64 teams of the esh cup, what is the point for joining as a div 6.5.4 team? Everybody knows that either dig, tcm or eps will get the 500pounds

That is exactly the kind of attitude that causes a community to fail. Disgusting.
ShopTO tournament comes to mind.

kaidus

WiK?

shopTO failed becuase it was run by a bunch of clueless idiots who enforced retarded rules that didn’t adhere to anything the community is used to. It’s no surprise no one gave a shit about it, really.

Quoted from kaidus

shopTO failed becuase it was run by a bunch of clueless idiots who enforced retarded rules that didn’t adhere to anything the community is used to. It’s no surprise no one gave a shit about it, really.

There is no doubt it was run highly unprofessionally, but the turn-up was ridiculous.

InFlam0r

Quoted from Fluffy Meowington

[…]
That is exactly the kind of attitude that causes a community to fail. Disgusting.
ShopTO tournament comes to mind.

The organizer of this tournaments fails because they are not interesting enough for the lower teams.
How to make it interesting? same skilllevel, prizes or money
Etf2l got the first one right and look we have 300+ teams here.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 Next »