Forum

TF2 Open Beta

Created 6th September 2010 @ 22:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 14 Next »

Azdean

WTH!?

But this is more of a issue with how the tournament is ran and how seeding works. It’s a issue that plague’s all competitive activity’s, be it e-sports or normal sports.

The better team will always beat you and it’s your job as a team to want to improve and get better so that one day with enough effort and practice you can beat the better teams.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from InFlam0r

The low teams should waste their time so the top teams get more prizemoney?

WE HAVE A WINNER!

If I had IRC logging enabled, I would have quoted it, but I distinctly remember dunc asking a question during the GamerFM interview with Tapley that was something to the effect of “what is the point of spreading the prize money downwards towards the bottom 8?”. Quite frankly £2,000 is a shit lot of money (not forgetting hundreds of pounds worth of Dabs.com vouchers per player), so if an extra £20-30 really makes some of the top players even remotely as happy as it makes a lot of lower players (even if they don’t win it), then they’re welcome, but the rest of the game sure as fuck isn’t going to fall conveniently into line for them.

Last edited by Skyride,

Tikcus

low teams, maybe should enter, we have!

You never know if the low teams support these competitions, some day there may be competitions (with prizes) that only low teams can enter.

MNM cups were split into 2 brackets, it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that competitions with prizes could do the same.

80% of the community play in div 4-6

InFlam0r

What about 70% of the prize money for the winner or the first 3 and the remaining 30% for 5-10 teams that have participated and are picked random.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from InFlam0r

What about 70% of the prize money for the winner or the first 3 and the remaining 30% for 5-10 teams that have participated and are picked random.

Assuming £500 prize pot and 5 random teams, thats £350 to the winning team, and £30 to each randomly selected team (£5/each, or easily enough to pay for your server or whatever).

That idea actually sounds pretty cool to me. :)

Azdean

WTH!?

Quoted from InFlam0r

Short answer: More work, Require’s more effort from the organiser’s.
It’s a great idea, I fully support it, But we’d need a league to do it in the first place.

Prize money no matter how small to the winner’s of every group in the league would massively increase participation and moral in my opinion.

Last edited by Azdean,

kuma

so they need to make the effort or they will get less teams.

InFlam0r

Quoted from Azdean

[…]

good point :/

randa

Some people literally dribble so much. Majority of the people who whine about allowing unlocks are relatively new to the game > 1year. I for one have been playing the game since a couple of months after its release and I fell in love with the way tf2 was then (no homo ) why the hell would I or the majority of the people who have been playing that long want it to change? Of course there has been some good unlocks but game changing weapons annoy me and aren’t the way I like to play tf2 or the way ive been playing it all along.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from kuma

so they need to make the effort or they will get less teams.

This essentially. Heaven Media (the people behind ESH and Cadred) are a business, they make money from exposure. Unlike ETF2L which is amazing work by volunteers, they are making money from the top teams playing in the tournament. We’re doing them a favour by playing in their tournaments, not the other way round.

(Before someone says “but then they won’t bother with TF2”, just stop for a second and think about it from their point of view. Just look at enemy down(who strangely enough are also backed by Heaven Media)).

skinnie

TCM

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

This essentially. Heaven Media (the people behind ESH and Cadred) are a business, they make money from exposure. Unlike ETF2L which is amazing work by volunteers, they are making money from the top teams playing in the tournament. We’re doing them a favour by playing in their tournaments, not the other way round.

(Before someone says “but then they won’t bother with TF2”, just stop for a second and think about it from their point of view. Just look at enemy down(who strangely enough are also backed by Heaven Media)).

you’re totally right, they’re taking advantage of you, why on earth would you compete in one of their tournaments unless you get 30pounds?

keep posting these awesome ideas guys

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from skinnie

you’re totally right, they’re taking advantage of you, why on earth would you compete in one of their tournaments unless you get 30pounds?

I didn’t say they’re taking advantage of us, Its easy for both sides to gain from it, neither did I say you shouldn’t enter even if there’s no prize money. I don’t see what orifice you’re pulling that from.

I’m just suggesting that we don’t sell our game short (which at the moment, we’re not, but the current attitude of a lot of people essentially forces the lower 90% of the game to do).

Last edited by Skyride,

Tikcus

Quoted from Azdean

[…]

It’s a great idea, I fully support it, But we’d need a league to do it in the first place.

Prize money no matter how small to the winner’s of every group in the league would massively increase participation and moral in my opinion.

The big problem with giving money to divisional winners in the league, is that they are so badly seeded (granted people are trying to fix this) you would still be left with div 4 teams, in a div 6 group, who would walk their division and get their money.

You’d also run the risk of div 3/4 teams entering div 6 just to win it.

However i quite like the idea that all teams that complete the league/cup without dropping/folding is entered into a prize draw to win either a prize or some cash.
If it was enough cash teams may actually finish their games.

*edit*

Heaven media acquired enemydowns websites and xray anticheat program after the previous company running it went into receivership (after ukesa), i’d imagine almost purely for the css side)

Last edited by Tikcus,

Azdean

WTH!?

Quoted from skinnie

[…]

keep posting these awesome ideas guys

Oh shut up, what the hell give you the right to undermine someone’s idea and opinion like that?

You get prize money unlike the rest of the community that gets fuck all, so why the hell do you think you can just walk on a topic that isn’t even aimed at you and think you can sit on the high horse and talk down to people?

randa

Quoted from Azdean

[…]

Oh shut up, what the hell give you the right to undermine someone’s idea and opinion like that?

You get prize money unlike the rest of the community that gets fuck all, so why the hell do you think you can just walk on a topic that isn’t even aimed at you and think you can sit on the high horse and talk down to people?

why the hell do you think you can just walk on a topic that isn’t even aimed at you and think you can sit on the high horse and talk down to people?

because its skinnie who the hell are you?

see wut i did thaR?

Last edited by randa,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 14 Next »