Forum

mpuktf2.pickup2 - *UPDATED* - Must read.

Created 16th July 2010 @ 14:56

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 8 Next »

byte

Quoted from crzfst

[…]
If illii can play demoman, anyone can.

If you mean in pug2 she shouldn’t be allowed due to the updated rules with the bot ^^, if you mean as a player then thats ur opinion :p

Cheers

Byte

alfa

lol

octochris

(0v0)

It should be too hard to write some scripts to integrate it with the website, you could run a cronjob to sync the bot overnight to auto-auth players that meet the criteria (maybe in the same job as the avatars or something). You could have some profile field for IRC auth and use that.

crzfst

Quoted from byte

[…]

If you mean in pug2 she shouldn’t be allowed due to the updated rules with the bot ^^, if you mean as a player then thats ur opinion :p

Cheers

Byte

pug2 ofc.

minimoose

p2 is dying because I stopped adding

eoN^

lets simplify the main problem with pickup2.

The original pickup2 was great because it gave people a chance to improve but now the only way to improve is either carry lobbys (which doesnt help at all as your opponents and team mates are generally utterly shite) or play mixes, and not all people want to add random div2/1 players purely to beg for mixes and i have a feeling most div2/1 players would just go “fuck off”. Fair enough there are a few div2/1 players who try and do their part but now looking at div2 and the lack of teams in it the skill level of this game is going to go back down again and the reason why is because the only chance anyone has of jumping from div4/3 to div2 is getting really lucky getting picked up or playing with a team for 2 or 3 seasons and improving slowly but with the amount of players these days who are “LOLZ MID” people just give up searching and go down a div just so they can play in that season.

In my experience at least.

tl;dr: Pickup2 used to give people a chance to make friends in the higher divs and get some experience of playing properly but now that its just for the higher divs it seems that most people have forgotten about it. And I know itll be inactive during summer that makes sense to me.

The only thing we need is a pickup with active admins who will ban / kick people who ruin the pickups. Lobbys could be great if they ever banned anyone… Ive reported about 40 people through the game comment and rep system and I still see them playing in the next game I add to… So now I just cant be bothered reporting anyone.

Anyway what ever happened to having invite (seems thats what pickup2 is now…) so why not just put it back to it was before and make 2 invite pickup channels… like a div1/highdiv2 and a highdiv3-div1…

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from byte

the upper half of the TF2 bracket have about 0% tolerance when noobish mistakes are made by the lower half bracket of TF2 players.

Fixed:
Quoted from byte

the upper sixth of the TF2 bracket have about 0% tolerance when noobish mistakes are made by the lower 5/6th’s bracket of TF2 players.

Anyway, fair play, I don’t mean that as an insult, its just the truth. Equally, I don’t see my pickup channel as a competitor to pu2, anyone who sees it as that clearly doesn’t understand what pu2 is. I see it really as more of a double mix channel for div5+ and upwards.

Anyway, pretty much anyone is welcome, there’s no official requirements in terms of divisions, etc, just a somewhat reasonable understanding of the game. However we are going to be DEADLY DEADLY strict on comms, not joining mumble is an instant 2 week ban, end of, no exceptions. Players who use no comms will be banned from the channel. Also, i’d like to make clear this channel is invite ONLY because its easier to allow decent players to play, than it is to ban bad players.

As I say, theres no official “x” division requirements, but i’d say the minimum skill we’re looking for is mid-div5 with reasonable comms. The bot should hopefully be finished some point tomorow (inb4 “lol u already been sayin that 4 agez”), and anyone is welcome as long as they’re happy to play with these rules.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Skyride

The bot should hopefully be finished some point tomorow (inb4 “lol u already been sayin that 4 agez”)

Should’ve done it in Java! :P

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Spike Himself

Should’ve done it in Java! :P

SilverEyedLK

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Fixed:
[…]

Anyway, fair play, I don’t mean that as an insult, its just the truth. Equally, I don’t see my pickup channel as a competitor to pu2, anyone who sees it as that clearly doesn’t understand what pu2 is. I see it really as more of a double mix channel for div5+ and upwards.

Anyway, pretty much anyone is welcome, there’s no official requirements in terms of divisions, etc, just a somewhat reasonable understanding of the game. However we are going to be DEADLY DEADLY strict on comms, not joining mumble is an instant 2 week ban, end of, no exceptions. Players who use no comms will be banned from the channel. Also, i’d like to make clear this channel is invite ONLY because its easier to allow decent players to play, than it is to ban bad players.

As I say, theres no official “x” division requirements, but i’d say the minimum skill we’re looking for is mid-div5 with reasonable comms. The bot should hopefully be finished some point tomorow (inb4 “lol u already been sayin that 4 agez”), and anyone is welcome as long as they’re happy to play with these rules.

and how exactly can we get an invite??

Edd

T2P

ask?

josku

how can i be authorized to enter in #pixeltf2.pickup?

masmm

ask Adam’ on #etf2l

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I want more than 1 pug a day. So if anyone here thinks he’s good enough for pug2 just spam here.

Poop

TSUN~
[PG]

Quoted from Koeitje

I want more than 1 pug a day. So if anyone here thinks he’s good enough for pug2 just spam here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X_lhk1tDNc

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 8 Next »