Forum

TF2 Polycount Competition

Created 12th July 2010 @ 13:21

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

reactioN

Quoted from poxie

There were enough entries for class pack update for each class. Hoping that’s what they’ll do.

ye me too

i hope more than one entrys will win

tesco

mrp.

ah, i found it
http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73476

Buck

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Which I should add, is a fairly trivial job on valve’s part, so we should get these items pretty soon.

Personally I think the the heavy items made by a guy called Buck are really the best models by a long way (saw the original concept he made when it was linked in the blog, amazingly impressive to see it finished now). However I’d prefer to see one of the soldier or demo entries win so we can have some remotely interesting new weapons to play around with.

Hehe, glad you liked my pack. I think im the only competitive player who entered the competition :)

huhystah

Quoted from Buck

[…]

Hehe, glad you liked my pack. I think im the only competitive player who entered the competition :)

link

Enef

fest
#wubafan

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73118

i think is the one, it’s good, very very good, i also like the El Gringo heavy pack.

Tankbusters soldier ftw though.

Last edited by Enef,

Anathema

@ buck: if you don’t win: upload models as I’d quite enjoy using those on pubs :D
Very nice work man!

Last edited by Anathema,

PeopleZ

WWCD

btw. I thought it is 3 items for each class..

yeah the winners will be announced this week, but till they figured out what stats they wanna give the items a few months can pass..

Buck

I mean what’s taking them 2 weeks? i know it must been hard to choose the propaganda posters cause there were thousands of entries. Here its only about 70. Weird to see that a small community of gamers managed to make way more content in a month than valve did in past 2 years :| Still cant wait to see who wins, i don’t really care, everything’s so good there!

RaCio

GoT²

By the looks of it not every modeler created particles, sounds etc. so I can imagine valve would need some time to make every weapon work.

Skyride

DUCS

Didn’t even know you played comp buck! :P

+1 to what Anathema said, I presume you made custom animations (for that minigun at least)?

Buck

No i did not, only thing with custom animations is the shotgun because it needed jiggle bones for the strap. Its impossible to animate both barrels spinning for the minigun as well because it is hard coded into the game so thats up to valve. And i didnt go into bother of making custom taunts until the winners are announced (The guy who made the skullcutter was told by robin that its okay to submit taunts and so on after they are in the game). Its simply because custom taunts take ages to do so there is really no point yet.

PeopleZ

WWCD

Well the winners been announced yesterday, only thing I wonder about is why they only picked stuff for 5 classes…

http://www.polycount.com/2010/07/15/the-team-fortress-2-polycount-pack-winners

reactioN

Quoted from PeopleZ

Well the winners been announced yesterday, only thing I wonder about is why they only picked stuff for 5 classes…

http://www.polycount.com/2010/07/15/the-team-fortress-2-polycount-pack-winners

looks like some of the weapons will be released after this update

“GreenMarine posted:

Why do you think the top 5 winners are the only ones we’d release?

Have faith, good sirs. Have faith!”

greenmarine is valve dev

Last edited by reactioN,

poxie

Quoted from reactioN

[…]

looks like some of the weapons will be released after this update

“GreenMarine posted:

Why do you think the top 5 winners are the only ones we’d release?

Have faith, good sirs. Have faith!”

greenmarine is valve dev

inb4 name fake?

reactioN

Quoted from poxie

[…]

inb4 name fake?

no

you can go to steam forums and look for the link i dont have it anymore dont think its namefake

w/e

inb4 overpowered weapons

Last edited by reactioN,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »