Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »

zerox

TCM

good read

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Yeah, it is, so is the uberium pub server, but my point is how often in a six Vs six match will you get back stabbed? How often will you run into a sentry? How often will there be 13 players on a side? How often will their be 64 nades being spammed at once? How often will a pub server even slightly resemble a six v six match?

It is exactly that what makes pubs great for gamesensing (yes, I made that up!). There is so much going on that a 6v6 becomes peanuts!
…I think.. :D

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Yeah, it is, so is the uberium pub server, but my point is how often in a six Vs six match will you get back stabbed? How often will you run into a sentry? How often will there be 13 players on a side? How often will their be 64 nades being spammed at once? How often will a pub server even slightly resemble a six v six match?

You will learn to keep in mind that there is a spy and will check for him. You will learn where are the sentry spots and how to avoid them. You will learn to avoid nade spams and learn common trap spots.
My purpose is not to counter your doubts, it’s just that every time you die on pub, you will have the ability to know what have you done wrong and check many different ways to fix your error. Obviously, you won’t play 13v13 even on lobbies, but w/e.

Quoted from octochris

did you make sure to configure it so that you get -1 ping?

Got it a few times on CS, really funny thing. More funny is that I sold it further for higher price. Killer NIC fo’ evah.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

kuma

Actually, playing medic on a pub server is one of the better ways to improve dodging. When you can dodge 4 snipers, 10 rockets, 15 rollers and are aware of those 3 spies then 6v6 is easy.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Well, pubbing is where I got my medic *cough* skillz! But for other classes….

kuma

Quoted from Exfane

[…]

Did you seriously just say that?
I do have yet to see someone focussing on those last points on a DM server like: midair mod, turris, TDM servers.

Play publics for gamesense, play DM for aiming skill, play matches for class skill. e-z

so you never see positioning on a dm server? whenever soldiers get onto the badlands trains what do you think they are doing?
positioning and gamesense are also a part of aiming, so you have the best angle for your shot.

franco

Quoted from octochris

[…]

get out of here with your ideas of fate and destiny

what i meant was not everyone has what it takes. most people dont, thats life

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from franco

[…]

what i meant was not everyone has what it takes. most people dont, thats life

I’m fairly sure everyone understood what you meant :)

nuts__

[GM\\\'2]

pritty good so far jims, maybe add some notes on medpack management?

Stimpy

Quoted from nuts__

:)

A Vid of MM in CSS… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T3kyxvnrgg

Last edited by Stimpy,

Jims

[GM\\\'2]

Quoted from nuts__

Was waiting for one of a few people to come and say that, -.- shh.

Also, alot of people seem to be reading the whole thing then forgetting what is wrote at the start and making comments, one been that its not finished, so there is alot of information still to be added and the second been that the main focus is aim, and it just happens that one of the main ways of improving this is deathmatch and varaitions, this isnt a post about deatmatching it just has alot of links to it currently.

Might work on somemore of it tonight not sure though, sort of tired right now.

edit: also@shrew there is a newer version of that map floating about with alot more things which I’ll go into when I add the MM bits.

Last edited by Jims,

KOVACS

1700 words of jargon only to establish that it’s good to play dm constitutes a good read these days???

Ched

.tony

Thinking too much about anything tends to just make it worse.

Cobby

-9m-

Quoted from Jims

there is a newer version of that map floating about with alot more things which I’ll go into when I add the MM bits.

Linky nao!!!!!!!!

p.s. please

Last edited by Cobby,

Inuy

#sadboys

Quoted from Stimpy

[…]

:)

A Vid of MM in CSS… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T3kyxvnrgg

need it for tf2, can someone make something like this? ( for scouts obv )

Last edited by Inuy,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »