Forum

Let's vote gullywash up as an official Valve map

Created 23rd May 2010 @ 11:15

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

Quoted from grey

Dont get me wrong, obscure and gullywash are great maps… but why exactly do we need them to be official? So comp and pub players come together?

To prevent trash like tc_meridian from becoming official and give obscure and gully the recognition they deserve.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Arnold

DAKKA

Well if they became official it would be a lot easier to update the map, keep the same version on every server and make sure everybody has the map without having to look for the download.

That would be one of the main reasons. Also it might bridge the gap between comp and pub a little bit more.

And lastly every single map that went official up till now exluding yukon/turbine (argueably) was pretty horrendous for comp play, so you could say it’s about time some maps are aimed at competition.

On public versus comp maps =
“Pub” maps are mainly larger because you need room for a lot more players, the maps mostly are horrible gameplay-wise but due to the extreme lack of teamplay/low skill ceiling it just doesn’t really matter/show.

One of the reasons why pubbers overall don’t really like badlands/granary but fall in love with humongous pl maps.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Cashworks is the biggest PoS ever. Period.

Last edited by Koeitje,

mrwhizz

No, they’ll just ruin a decent map like they did to freight.

Defur

Quoted from grey

no, just no.

Snyyppis

RLM

Quoted from mrwhizz

No, they’ll just ruin a decent map like they did to freight.

They (Valve) won’t ruin shit, it was the mapmaker himself who made the changes to freight. Read what Youme posted on the other page.

Last edited by Snyyppis,

Mark

Phase

Last edited by Mark,

broesel

LAME

Obscure and Gullywash FOR PRESIDENT, uhm I mean official maps.

Would be cool to have all the 6 “standard competitive maps that don’t have a high percentage of players hating them (turbine *cough*)” in the official map pool :D

Badlands, Granary, Gravelpit, Freight, Gullywash, Obscure, (Viaduct).

Last edited by broesel,

Misaka42

Screw this, i just love obscure and gully. Hope they will make it without changes

Last edited by Misaka42,

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

In my opinion there are no good public CP maps available. Badlands and Fastlane are probably two of the better ones (not including CP 1 – CP 2 fight on fastlane).

A public CP_map needs to be stupidly open, have multiple entrances, limited chokes etc… Otherwise you simply get a standoff until stalemate unless the teams are balanced. I think on a public map, any standoff section of the map should ALWAYS favour the attackers. This is different from my opinion of a competitive map where I think different sections of the map should favour both teams (cp 3 to 2 attackers, cp 2 to 1 defenders or vice versa) in order to give a defending team a chance at pushing back (otherwise it becomes a ‘who wins middle… wins the round’ map).

There was a point to this post, but I’ve forgotten it in the excitement of my pork chow mein arriving.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Arx hits the nail on the head

byte

Quoted from Mark

lol Honey why have you edited what you originally said? :P (i know what it said before u edited ofc)

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4