Forum

Viaduct in the mappool for S8?

Created 21st April 2010 @ 21:20

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »

Tikcus

In season 8, badlands and granary should be dropped from the map pool

90% of all PCW/lobby/mixes I play is on badlands or granary, do we really need them in the league as well :p

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

I personally don’t like viaduct at all.. so a big big no from me.

my maplist:

cp_badlands
cp_granary
cp_gravelpit
ctf_turbine (yes, I like this one)
cp_prolane
cp_gullywash
cp_follower
cp_coldfront

spence

¤_¤

played viaduct competitively for the first time a couple of nights ago and I seriously don’t know what to think about it, although I found it very annoying at times. Maybe this is because its not a 5cp map and brings a different aspect to tf2 however I believe that because there is only the one map available then I would say leave it out of the mappool. Imagine if you had to play viaduct to win your division or something, would be rather annoying

suni

[j]\\\'

duel_duel2 to the pool for next season tyvm.

TucE

tR67
KUKKO!

Because this thread has come to “Post ur own mappool”:

-badlands
-grana
-freight old or new
-gully
-gpit

Five maps are so enough for mappool. Take a look for other competitive games like CS/CSS and COD4. They dont have over 6 maps on leagues or cups and NEVER other gamemodes exept de_/S&D.

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

This, before deciding if it needs to be put in. Personally I despise Viaduct but that’s only pub experience. Perhaps it will be different in 6v6.

I’d like to see Coldfront in before Viaduct though.

Personally I despise Viacut but that’s only 6vs6 expirience. Perhaps it will be diffrent in pub.
I wouldnt like to see coldfront nor viaduct at all

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

If someone jumps of a cliff we all should do the same?
Tf2 is not cs/cod, let’s keep it that way.

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from Tikcus

In season 8, badlands and granary should be dropped from the map pool

90% of all PCW/lobby/mixes I play is on badlands or granary, do we really need them in the league as well :p

We didn’t even play badlands last season lol, we didn’t pcw on it at all either because we were cramming these other maps.

suni

[j]\\\'

Quoted from Nmx

If someone jumps of a cliff we all should do the same?
Tf2 is not cs/cod, let’s keep it that way.

Every game that has cetrain seriousness in its competitive play has only few maps on rotation. It hasnt diminished its popularity, why is that?

I certainly agree that this isnt 1.6, but if you ask me we are heading to the wrong direction. I started and specially continued to play this game because it is (and still in some degree) Team Fortress 2 and not a online rpg. This game should stay as this and not try to be something else, changing it doenst make it better. Atleast for the competitive top growd this is the game … the game, we dont want to play Death Match or some shitty online rpg, we want to play TF2. If someone wants to swing around with swords, they are free to do so. But dont ruin others gameplay or fun. Do it somewhere else.

And then back to subject. Looking from a competitive side of this game, rotation of 6 is enough.

octochris

(0v0)

Just use maps that don’t suck.

cp_badlands
cp_granary
cp_gravelpit
cp_gullywash
cp_obscure
cp_well

ilike2spin

RLM

Oh Chris, you do like to bait.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from ilike2spin

Oh Chris, you do like to bait.

er, i was serious

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from octochris

[…]

er, i was serious

Even if you are serious, you just baited everyone into the ‘is cp_well a good map debate’.

Quoted from octochris

Just use maps that don’t suck.

cp_badlands
cp_granary
cp_gravelpit
cp_gullywash
cp_obscure
cp_well

Lolwut?

Harlski

Quoted from ilike2spin

[…]

Even if you are serious, you just baited everyone into the ‘is cp_well a good map debate’.

Well’s not a bad map.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »