Forum

A Different 6v6 Tournament

Created 10th April 2010 @ 22:06

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

PaperStab

The idea is simple: A standard 6v6 tournament with a twist:

Scouts, Soldiers, Medics and Demomen cannot be played.

Instead, the contestants must use the classes that are otherwise rarely seen in competitive play: Pyros, Heavies, Engineers, Snipers and Spies.

In effect, this tournament would have an almost completely different metagame of its own which could be a very interesting experiment.

Dummy

fail
no

reCon

u could try to play a 6v6 with Classlimit 1, but without Medic, Demo, Scout and Soldier u cant play a really good 6v6…

ouch

sounds like teamdeathmatch.

Dummy

sounds like epic FLAIL

Biohazard

IDK

why not just join a pub instead? imo 6v6 is good as it is – i bet its like that for a reason (or few)

Azdean

WTH!?

This isn’t the steam forums, go post stupid idea’s over there. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that’s one dumb idea.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

This is not the best of ideas imo. It doesn’t sound particularly exciting to play or watch.

Please try not to flame people for having ideas though chaps :)

Voyager I

aH

You want to have Sentries but no Medics, Soldiers, or Demos?

Points for the idea, but I doesn’t look like you thought this through very far.

Anathema

Would be literally impossible to take down a sentry.

Azdean

WTH!?

Quite, lets see the only class in that bunch capable of taking down a sentry is the spy, however as its a 6v6 game your looking at two pyro’s per side. So taking down a sg would be near on impossible.

Stew

Erm… I don’t think that this is the best idea ever. After all – TF2 is played according to the ubercharge pace and if you remove the medic, what’s gonna happen then ?

Swarlz

Quoted from Dummy

fail
no

At least try to be constructive?

crz

T4F

medic + 5 of the “utility” classes could be fun maybe

and why shouldnt sentries be undestroyable? stab engie + sap the sentry? if there’s a possible angle two full charged sniper shots…

sgN^

TKN

Quoted from Swarlz

[…]
At least try to be constructive?

fail
no
:D:D:D::D

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »