Forum

North American Season/Tournament

Created 12th October 2008 @ 02:42

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Wlv

RaWr ::

The main issue, imo, would be getting the name out there for all the decent teams to sign up, the majority of large league decisions are done by vote systems anyway.

The things would be (imo) :-

Canvassing the idea of running an ETF2L North American Addition

Getting the site ready to handle the large jump in users (and making it easy to switch from the NA scene to the EU scene)

Working out which teams in which division – will need a good, if not, really good USA admin for this.

Formats the same, cl2 dl1 ml1, just doing votes on the maps in the league.

Probably a few other things to put in there as well, but the options are really good..More users on the site (Sponsers possibly? Would be nice to give you cunts some prizes at some point), a central hub for TF2’s main competition(s), check out the yank scene and vice versa, shared demo’s, seasonal Champs league style cup between top x amount of teams in each NA and EU division (don’t really need a list of the obvious issues for this though.. :P)

Anyway, my point is, this could work, well :)

beta

Could you not host another site on a subdomain with only the forums being shared? You could that way use this site as a template for the other.

As for reaching out to across the pond, good idea it is, original it is not – we firstly need to establish interest from that side of the world. No offence to the originator of this post but not everyone will find CEVO boring or some of the top US teams would not be playing in it. Let us hope he is the tip of the iceberg and can spread the word to others??

From there we could look at Champions League etc :) Winners of each division go into playoffs for a cup or World Series of sort :D

Mike

Wlv

you could, and then use etf2l for navigating between the two to keep site hits to a max

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

I would help get a US scene going as well.

I think your all over-complicating this with idea’s of separate leagues, sub-domains, etc etc etc. There is no need. before every season we create the divisions in the system, and then manually seed the teams into their divisions. All we have to do to accommodate an NA league would be to add a division and put the NA teams in there and jobs a good-un! This would not be a big thing to start with and it would be dependant on the NA teams showing interest and supporting it. We would need an admin or two to sign up to help us keep an idea on how its going, someone within the NA scene.

This wont happen though without the support of the teams so if there is enough interest, then get them to sign up and post here in this thread that they would enter their team for an ETF2L based competition. You would be able to play at your own times on your own servers but within our system here. Also if anyone from NA is interested in being an admin for the league then post here also.

I would like to stress that this is just my post. We (ETF2L as a whole) have not even considered hosting an NA competition nor discussed it fully between us. If enough teams and players show interest and support for the idea, then we will look into doing it. But only if everything is right. We’re not going to start anything we’re not confident will work, as we already maintain enough competitions for the euro side.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2