Forum

Foreign Languages?

Created 23rd November 2009 @ 19:40

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

xtala

What are you whining about?
I haven’t seen anyone really complaining about this.
If people would care, they would go to an admin, ask a forum for their language and volunteer to moderate it.

NeoN

boys

As russian-speaking user, I want to make little statement.

As it was mentioned before, we have our own huge forum with huge amount of users etc.
I, personally, use etf2l forum as alternative resource to check for new movies, new ideas considering tf2, I read major discussions and even offtopic. I check for new threads more than 20 times a day (from laboratory during timebrake and when at home).

But, I think it would be great to have alternative place for russian-speaking users to have discussions (for example, if you critisize admins of forum in bad manner, you get banned >> then you can discuss it at alternative one :) ).

From the other side, its great to have foreign community forums under one common label – etf2l.

2skinnie: I dont think, that different forums split the community. For the most european countries – english language is the language, which is spoken by daily and its not a problem for the majority of people to explain their ideas in correct way in english. But there are countries, where you cant usually meet verbal english => not much practice => you are forced to use your native language.

So, I think its not a bad idea to create many other forums.

Ofcourse, there is need of admins to keep discussions clean.
I can help to find russian-speaking admins, if admins bother to create forum or atleast a poll to get knowledge how many users want russian forum =)

addition: Its also can be training base to grow up your language skill (if you learn differnet language). You can talk on well-known themes at your well-known site :-)

Gaz

TPS

no one likes the other countries

people dont like Israel?

xtala

As russian-speaking user, I want to make little statement.

As it was mentioned before, we have our own huge forum with huge amount of users etc.
I, personally, use etf2l forum as alternative resource to check for new movies, new ideas considering tf2, I read major discussions and even offtopic. I check for new threads more than 20 times a day (from laboratory during timebrake and when at home).

But, I think it would be great to have alternative place for russian-speaking users to have discussions (for example, if you critisize admins of forum in bad manner, you get banned >> then you can discuss it at alternative one :) ).

From the other side, its great to have foreign community forums under one common label – etf2l.

2skinnie: I dont think, that different forums split the community. For the most european countries – english language is the language, which is spoken by daily and its not a problem for the majority of people to explain their ideas in correct way in english. But there are countries, where you cant usually meet verbal english => not much practice => you are forced to use your native language.

So, I think its not a bad idea to create many other forums.

Ofcourse, there is need of admins to keep discussions clean.
I can help to find russian-speaking admins, if admins bother to create forum or atleast a poll to get knowledge how many users want russian forum =)

addition: Its also can be training base to grow up your language skill (if you learn differnet language). You can talk on well-known themes at your well-known site :-)

Afaik, the UK is about the only place in Europe where English is an official language.

no one likes the other countries

people dont like Israel?

I know that I don’t, but this is not the place for a discussion like that.

NeoN

boys

Afaik, the UK is about the only place in Europe where English is an official language.

I meant, that you can often meet people talking in english, lots of commercials, tv, radio in english. Otherwise for Russia =)

tragett

scandi one has no admins (nor posters) and its not broken yet) ))) )

alfa

Why you need different language forums when we all talk english anyways?Heres a song for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2OR6Kjo5m4

NeoN

boys

Still no reply from admin team.

Yep, main problem is missing admins to moderate more foreign language forums.

Also, a Russian Forum is not possible due to the different letters they use.

1) Can you create group of users, called ‘moderators’ and allow them rights in the special forum?

2)We use quite the same letters, which are in qwerty layout. If I see all the french, spanish letters with ‘ above letters, I guess everyone can see cyrillic letters too.
Check it out:
АБВГДЕЁЖЗИЙКЛМНОПРСТУФХЦЧШЩЪЫЬЭЮЯ
абвгдеёжзийклмнопрстуфхцчшщъыьэюя

for comparison:
http://www.rususa.com/data/pictures/misc/russian-alphabet.jpg

xtala

Nothing stops you from using the !admin command in IRC afaik :)

fJack

k^m

I think you should give our Russian friends a section, their community is huge.

Bubbles1

I think you should give our Russian friends a section, their community is huge.

yes come on admins do the community some service.

Bubbles1

clearly the admins dont care about equal usage.

GangsterAlgot

You can have the scandi-forum, we don’t use it.

xtala

clearly the admins dont care about equal usage.

Clearly noone was bothered enough to propose and be a moderater? (As suggested in this thread)
People should seriously stop dragging racism/discrimination in every discussion if they can’t get what they want.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

ETF2L as gaeilge? :>

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »