Forum

Steam groups for divisions

Created 20th October 2009 @ 08:23

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

carbon

First of all, I’m tired of tracking down leaders of our opponents. Usually they just idle on irc and never respond or have an empty channel. Steam friends has a similar problem as I have hard time getting any answers to my queries. I don’t want to add (and accept) every random dude to my friends list.

Now some of you may know that wireplay has an ingenious system for getting in touch with your opponents. They have a steam group for every division where all the clan leaders are invited. This would make arranging wars much easier and it would also keep everyone’s friends list neat and tidy.

I would REALLY like for etf2l to have a similar system.

Thanks.

Dny

T2P

Add on steam – sort out match – delete ?

Swarley

cool^m

I don’t really understand how having a steam group would make it any easier. Could you explain please?

NeoN

boys

Ok, if you dont get the idea:
You can open chat window via steam group w/o adding player to friend list.

SfynX

T2P

whats wrong with just adding them to steam friends…

carbon

I don’t really understand how having a steam group would make it any easier. Could you explain please?

At the beginning of the season admins create groups for every division and invite all the leaders to join. Now every clan would have a direct channel to speak to their opponents by accepting just one (1) invite – without the hassle of adding anyone manually.

Of course this wouldn’t help with people not replying but it certainly would make the process more enjoyable. If you have participated in wptf2l you’ll know how well their system works.

MajorPimpsa

on a horse

Wireplay’s div-group system really helps war arrangers job. If you think that contacting your opponent is usually easy, then youre not that guy who schedules your matches :D Or youre playing in div 1-2.

Give it a thought at least.

compton

cvx|

Yup, from what I’ve heard from my clan leaders in all the clans I’ve been in, contacting opponents in div3 and below is sometimes really a pain in the ass. Steam group is a good idea, because everyone has a Steam account.

Although, the comment system in the match detail page should be enough. Some leaders just are too busy / careless to check the match page. So if your opponent doesn’t answer, just get the default win :]

There should be a small penalty for repeatingly leaving matches unscheduled when your opponent has tried to contact you. Cases where both teams are idling should be handled differently than cases where only the other team is showing no interest.

FADe

set of bastards!

AnimaL

l2irc

flushy

P.O.P

There should be a small penalty for repeatingly leaving matches unscheduled when your opponent has tried to contact you. Cases where both teams are idling should be handled differently than cases where only the other team is showing no interest.

thats what a default date is for, but agreed its annoying

compton

cvx|

thats what a default date is for, but agreed its annoying

Yeah, that system allows a team that has-all-the-time-in-the-world-but-just-don’t-care to grief teams that care about scheduling but can’t play at any given default time.

And it also delays matches.

But I guess this has been discussed before, so I won’t continue :p

Grem

rEJ
TG

+1 on the steam groups.
Dunno how hard it is in Div 1/2, but div 3 and lower, it’s a pain in the hole. I’ve been war arranging for 3 seasons now, and sometimes, it’s just plain impossible to get hold of your opponents. You add em on Steam…wait 2 days…no reply…idle on IRC…pm all the ops in the channel…no reply…4 hours before the default date/time the CL finally gets back to you saying they can’t play. Steam groups keeps your Friends list organized too and helps with organizing PCWs with clans around your skill level.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/div6

Gotta love Div6 doing what the others don’t. :P

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

div1 use irc cos we’re not special :]

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »