Forum

Fixed maps in Season 6

Created 17th August 2009 @ 15:39

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

Garm3n

SdX BLU
sdx

I have played some custom maps recently (cp_waste, cp_glacier, cp_follower, cp_gullywash, cp_outlaw and the now official cp_yukon) and i find them all great and fun. I think all these, maybe more that i don’t know about, will easy fit in the league. There is one problem though: The fear for trying new things! We humans are a comfortable breed and like things the way they are, if they works. So even if these maps are addad in Season 6 we will play almost excluded the already existent maps.

Fixed maps!

I really hope that ETF2L will try fixed maps in Season 6, in the whole league, and after the season we can have an assessment of what we thought. If we liked it we continue, if we don’t like it we return to what it was in Season 1-5.

For ex:

Week 1: cp_waste / ctf_turbine
Week 2: cp_granary / cp_gullywash
Week 3: cp_gravelpit / cp_yukon
Week 4: cp_freight / cp_pro_dustbowl
Week 5: cp_well / cp_outlaw
Week 6: cp_glacier / cp_follower
Week 7: cp_fastlane / ctf_2fort <-(lol)
Week 8: pl_badwater / cp_labor
Week 9: cp_badlands / ctf_sawmill <-(?)

(Of course, the above maps is just an exampel)

Thanks to that the whole leage will play the same maps in every weeks it will be easy to find pcws where you can practise the maps.

I really hope that this is something ETF2L dare to try, and that all the teams are open minded :)

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

I’m all for fixed maps, stops shit clans picking dustbowl to try and squeeze in an upset by out spamming. And also stops gran/badlands all the time or DOUBLE TURBINE (worst games ever last season) Fixed maps always worked well in leagues ive played previously.

Ijantis

Why not make a rule that states if both teams pick the same map then the 2nd map played is chosen by map elimination with the double map already eliminated.

Edit: too many new maps isnt good tbh you should only introduce 1 or 2 new maps every season specially for the fixed mappools

SfynX

T2P

tbh im all up for fixed maps, makes everything evened out, besides 1 team could always pick pub hero maps to win.

eoN^

tbh im all up for fixed maps, makes everything evened out, besides 1 team could always pick pub hero maps to win.

Tbh id love to see this, like each week having a different map(s) gives teams time to focus practice on the map and improve it alot more :)

I think maybe 1 map a week rather than 2 but i dunno probably better off with 2.

davesan

epx^
Panda

I dont think there should be different maps for every single week, 14 maps are too much to learn and develop tactics for…the more maps that are implemented, the messier the play will be. But i definataley agree fixed maps should be implemented, this will also help teams get pcws on the maps each week as everyones playing the same maps.

Darn

rockit like

id love to see div2 top5 taken to div1 and get 20 teams innit. 1 map games and top8 gets to playoffs with double elim.

FADe

id love to see div2 top5 taken to div1 and get 20 teams innit. 1 map games and top8 gets to playoffs with double elim.

thread

RaCio

GoT²

I’d love to see fixed maps :)

A fixed map pool system will take care of the problems that a map pick system has and wont cost as much work. And at the same time it will force teams to play new maps which will help custom maps and will bring new maps to play besides granlands(since in PCW’s every team will have to prepare the same map). And imo the fun a team gains by picking goldrush(the only real advantage of map picks) does not weigh up against the annoyance it causes to the other team.

Meyer

IsF
G9

dont add glacier pls

tragett

+1 OP

Smofo

Im THAT good!

+1 OP

David

+1 OP

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

I think one set map per week, then the second map is chosen from the map pool by the winners of the first map, provided its not the map they just played.

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

dont add glacier pls

Why not? It’s a great map if they fix all the shit causing the FPS drops.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »