Forum

Global Whitelist Test Cup Feedback

Created 11th January 2018 @ 00:08

Locked Pages: 1

Zitrooone

This thread is for feedback regarding the Global Whitelist Test Cup.

We would greatly appreciate your feedback on the new whitelist or any feedback in general, as long as you can explain your opinion.

As a reminder, these weapons have been added for testing:
– The Gas Passer (Pyro)
– B.A.S.E Jumper (Soldier/Demoman)
– Bonk! Atomic Punch (Scout)
– Sandman (Scout)

If you have anything to say about the used version of prolands (b3b), feel free to add it here too.

wonszu

yeti

System used in this cup is fucking horrible.

Just next time don’t fuck up “waiting” teams. Make something like confirmation two hours before the cup so we can eliminate teams who won’t play. It will be so funny for us as a team to watch how many teams just won’t show up for their officials because it’s just a cup. A cup in which we wanted to participate.

Olgha

Virtus.

Well, as always, it’s a cup which is supposed to test unlocks, but no one are testing it.

Great cup

Better call this official scrimms

Last edited by Olgha,

Klin

bonk is p good its basically a meatshield on close quarters lasts that gets you in for free without having to use, like on blands or gully shutter. i think it could be great for strats as if a team uses it right they can force a favourable trade as they push in behind the scout

stexer

KKK

The base jumpers were a bit annoying when you had a solly do a late bomb on mid and just floating there and killing everythingg and also that you can jump and spam over the roof/corner on badlands when going second with demo and solly

TimTum

(ETF2L Donator)
-ƒ$-BLAH

As Olgha said, most teams didn’t really use the unlocks. But that doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing, it just means everyone prefers to play with the weapons they are used to play with (because it’s usually better).

The weapon we used the most is the bonk. And it’s pretty good but it’s not game breaking. And if you don’t use it correctly you just die so I feel like this weapon should just be allowed next season.

We haven’t really used the other weapons. I’ve seen the sandman a few times, but it wasn’t very annoying. I don’t really know about the Base jumper or the Gas Passer. I feel like the Gas Passer can be pretty good, maybe a bit too good but again we forgot to try it out.

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from wonszu

System used in this cup is fucking horrible.

Just next time don’t fuck up “waiting” teams. Make something like confirmation two hours before the cup so we can eliminate teams who won’t play. It will be so funny for us as a team to watch how many teams just won’t show up for their officials because it’s just a cup. A cup in which we wanted to participate.

We do give a chance to replace teams that have dropped before any matches have been started and played, if we would replace a dropped team by a team that has been sitting on a waiting list then, 1) Your matches would need to be played on a completely different day very likely, 2) All opponents in the group need to play another match more, when the cause of a team dropping could have been because a team had broken any of the more important rules during the whole cup. Like using unregistered players or too many mercs, for example.

What comes to the decision to go with signup order is that we have been favouring it more due to teams that are most eager to actually take part in the whole cup do sign up as soon as they can. Surely it’s easy to say now after all matches have been played that some were so eager about it that they forgot that they had signed up, but that counts only about 5% of the teams in the cup.

Quoted from Olgha

Well, as always, it’s a cup which is supposed to test unlocks, but no one are testing it.

Great cup

Better call this official scrimms

Any suggestion to this is welcome to actually promote teams to test the unlocks then in upcoming cups.

Olgha

Virtus.

Quoted from Bloodis

Any suggestion to this is welcome to actually promote teams to test the unlocks then in upcoming cups.

I would have been glad to give some suggestions, if ooonly i was a league admin…
“Jokes” (using this word to be nice) apart, just ask for the people that are registered to the cup to fully use those items, if the purpose of the cup is to test unlocks :

then we could see the strength and the weaknesses of the new items depending on typical situations of 6’s.

because what would be your analysis after that cup, poor comments from randoms players that had tried to use it in situations that had no cost for them to die and do silly things ?
That is not a real analysis.

After all, i’m already disappointed by the way you’re running the league, the ETF2L staff, so it could not be worse. So the day that you’ll see that you’re playing tf2 and not quake 6vs6, you could just run this league better and better.

Ignis

SVIFT

etfl racist

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from Olgha

“Jokes” (using this word to be nice) apart, just ask for the people that are registered to the cup to fully use those items, if the purpose of the cup is to test unlocks :

then we could see the strength and the weaknesses of the new items depending on typical situations of 6’s.

because what would be your analysis after that cup, poor comments from randoms players that had tried to use it in situations that had no cost for them to die and do silly things ?
That is not a real analysis.

We are generally asking for people to use these weapons because that’s the only reason we are making these cups after all, unless if your point was to do so personally to all teams that are taking part in the cup. At that point it would be only mostly possible for the top group teams as they are even more acknowledged of how do the unlocks work and how can they be countered.

You do have good points here though, having prizes for a cup like this for a winning team encourages them to only use the best weapons in the game (usually stock weapons), instead of something that they haven’t gotten to prepare prior to the cup at all which could still very well be good for them.

One of the thoughts that I did get after this was to instead of possibly providing a prize to the team that wins the cup itself, we would award the team that took the best use of the unlocks to actually test them out. Doing so would mean more admin work but for smaller cups like this it could very well just be doable too, albeit at this point it would mostly be for the top teams again, or just the teams advancing to knockout/playoff stage. All of what I said are just thoughts though, none of this will be officially planned for the next cups that we have in mind.

Quoted from Olgha

I would have been glad to give some suggestions, if ooonly i was a league admin…

[…]

After all, i’m already disappointed by the way you’re running the league, the ETF2L staff, so it could not be worse. So the day that you’ll see that you’re playing tf2 and not quake 6vs6, you could just run this league better and better.

Probably you are in need of a reminder that ETF2L is still kept up by everyone in the community, just because there are league admins here doesn’t mean that we league admins can completely dictate over everyone. Actual feedback and suggestions from players are just as valued as opinions of other admins.

Olgha

Virtus.

Quoted from Bloodis

[…]

Probably you are in need of a reminder that ETF2L is still kept up by everyone in the community, just because there are league admins here doesn’t mean that we league admins can completely dictate over everyone. Actual feedback and suggestions from players are just as valued as opinions of other admins.

Well first, if you think that more admins would be the solution to properly rule those cups, then sure, but why are you denying people from trialing in etf2l staff, if it could gives a better purpose of events like this with more moderation.
Just to show you some aspect of dictate : imagine admins would create whitelist without asking a representative amount of players playing that league. Admins would look like peoples who don’t give a damn about the players, so they create a “cup” with the purpose of making the “new items” “”garbage”” by the fact that teams are not forced to run those items, and because there is a prizepool, people would feel more confortable playing the game their own way, and do not deal about the “new items”.
Another aspect of that cup is also a thing that made me laugh :
As soon as Zitroone made this thread, i asked “Why not testing dragon’s fury” because as you said in your news, it is not considered op, and it needs actual competitive games to be tested, but my post has been deleted. i can understand that it was not a feedback, but where esle could i get the answer to that question ?

Your whole whitelist has not even a pinch of logic : we can see game breaking items allowed or banned, and also skill rewarding high risk high impact weapons allowed.

So here i am with my feedback and suggestions : review the whitelist and also get admins that has not the same conservative viewpoint as the whole etf2l staff.
So, is my opinion going to get valued this time, or you’re still considering me as an annoying prick who is just memeing ?

Aoshi

(Legend)
:think:
GRAHAM

Quoted from Olgha

We often look for additional people to strengthen our admin team. People who sent in half written applications that take less then 2 minutes to write don’t get in as it shows that they cant even find the effort to write a simple email. Thus leading us to believe that they will put equally little effort into actual admin work and not make good admins.

The whitelist is decided globally by all leagues. ETF2L isnt interested in removing the principle of the global whitelist and this wont make decisions on their own. We appreciate feedback on the weapons which is why we host these types of cups. We cant force players to use the new weapons but we hope to encourage them to give them a try rather not being tried at all.

Sadly enough these threads get derailed and get giant walls of text written that aren’t relevant to the weapons. The question as to why the dragon’s fury isnt being tested was already written inside of the main global whitelist thread on tf.tv as well as the original post on ETF2L. Thus meaning that you are simply too lazy to read up information before partaking in the conversation.

I don’t consider you an annoying prick or just to be memeing. I just think you’re childish and throw rants around for no reason and make a proper discussion impossible.

I’ll be locking this thread now as it is already ruined by off-topic posts.

Locked Pages: 1