Forum

Default wins...

Created 4th May 2017 @ 08:46

Add A Reply Pages: 1

russellord

My highlander team(nice capping meh) should have been in the playoffs due to the tiebreaker, apparently a different team who won a default got more points cause we won in a GC..they replaced us after the post…i will call bs on that because a legal win of a GC which shouldnt award less points with a 3 wins and 1 loss we shouldnt be out(1 default which i hate getting…)
i think this is unfair due to the point awarding for a real match we won.due to golden cap….

WML

The Def win was awarded because one of the gamers involved in the match got banned for cheating. So its a bit pointless to A) Contest swiss rules that have been implemented for 2 years and B) Say its unfair to you when your team didn’t have to deal with someone using an unfair advantage over other gamers deliberately.

Just1s

☁GGG☁

You should start from the beginning. Its your teams fault that they can’t win 2 rounds in a row so they can only win with GC and lose points because of that. And ofc if the enemy team takes a round from you they deserve some of the points.

russellord

main part is that you get more from a default win taht you clearly didnnt play…

sasami

ERCAPITANO
VR

Quoted from WML

The Def win was awarded because one of the gamers involved in the match got banned for cheating. So its a bit pointless to A) Contest swiss rules that have been implemented for 2 years and B) Say its unfair to you when your team didn’t have to deal with someone using an unfair advantage over other gamers deliberately.

^

Jan

(League Admin)
|FV|

Quoted from russellord

Not necessarily. It all depends on how many points the enemies have in the tables.

Just1s

☁GGG☁

Quoted from russellord

Default wins don’t affect tiebreaker score.

The tiebreaker score is detailed as follows:
For each match, calculate the ratio of points the team earned compared to the maximum, and multiply this by the opponent’s total score in the competition. Use only scores and opponents from “valid” matches (matches that were not default wins and were not against dropped opponents).
Calculate the sum of all scores calculated via the above method.
Divide the sum by the number of “valid” matches played.

Last edited by Just1s,

Add A Reply Pages: 1