Forum

One Night Cup: Episode 2 The Whitelist Feedback

Created 23rd April 2017 @ 23:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

Crossbow is completely overpowered unlike the vacc or solem vow. It would make no sense to ban the vaccinator just because not everyone is used to playing with it while the crossbow remains unbanned because people are used to playing with. It allows you to get back to full health if you make a mistake as long as you are able to stand still for a second, this rewards bad play and I got caught out a lot tonight because I was so used to being able to stand still on the flank and get an arrow. Not to mention the uber building, passive reload, high damage if you can spam a choke with it, long range healing that shouldn’t be possible and can be completely broken on maps like process. Also needles are great and I would love to see them back instead of this broken arrow mechanic.

Last edited by sheepy dog's hand,

Jaros

Quoted from Nightmare

what???? vaccinator banned?????? I swear to god….

I am crying irl.

Nightmare

wL.

Since apparently the unlocks are still being discussed I thought I’d give a serious opinion.

Solemn vow: It’s not really overpowered but it kinda gives your medic the ability of a spy, being able to check the enemy health and medic ubercharges can give your medic the advantage, especially if your med is the maincaller, but at the same time no medic is stupid enough to peek corners just to check for the uber charge percentage (unless you’re some crazy open shitter like me, who literally runs the vaccinator 24/7 and doesn’t give a shit about overextending, for that cause it’s pretty overpowered)

The crusader’s crossbow: the crossbow is just like the controversial dead ringer, it allows a specific meta playstyle. Being able to heal your teammates in the distance is a very nice feature and it can turn the tides of a 1v1 pretty fast, but at the same time it kinda takes away individual strength. Like if a scout fights 1v1 with another scout and your scout gets meatshot for full damage he’s basically done for, if he gets a god arrow from across the map which heals him to full health, he’ll basically destroy the enemy scout (unless he’s utter garbage obviously) This could kinda makes some fights unfair or really stalemate-ish. The only change they should make about the crossbow is receiving ubercharge, that’s what makes the crossbow overpowered in my opinion, though I don’t think it should get banned.

The Vaccinator: ahhh my favorite autistic ego joke medigun that literally triggers every 6s or HL main that I’ve ever encountered. I’m well aware that in higher divisions where coordination is a thing, it’s not going to be as good as uber, but in divisions like open/mid it’s a straight upgrade from the uber if you ask me. Being able to survive every soldier bomb, scout chase or even a demo trap is a pretty strong feature, though it has a weakness and that is the overheal rate. A lot of scouts and soldiers need their overheals for sick plays. While this can be easily countered by coordination. Summing everything up, in open/mid where people go for individual frags rather than actually coordinating, it’s a straight upgrade, pair it up with a heavy and you’re basically unstoppable (lolHL)

I also think that pairing these three unlocks together into 1 loadout would basically make you a god medic in the lower divisions. You’re basically a spy, the vaccinator being the dead ringer and the solemn vow giving spy abilities.

Last edited by Nightmare,

extrasolar

officer
TC

please never allow nightmare to be in a position in which he has an influence on video game balancing

Twiggy

swole.
HL

I am for solemn vow : it may give useful information but it’s not better than ubersaw.

I am for vaccinator : while it is strong for last holds, it also has a lot of counters, and punishes careless pushes.

I am against the crossbow : as a demo player most of my damage is made irrelevant by it unless me or a teammate can instantly convert the frag.

oJ

CLARTED
YNWA.

Allow all 3

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2