Forum

Highlander Season 12 Preseason Cup: Feedback

Created 13th March 2017 @ 00:15

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »

Nightmare

wL.

Quoted from scrambled

In my opinion, every unlock should be looked at like this. Now, in this scenario the Dead Ringer is interesting as it does add variety to the way Spies play, similar to the kritzkrieg. However this unlock allows Spies to take fights vs most classes with 0 risk and forces enemy teams to play in very specific ways to counter it (Scout with mad milk etc).

So, The Dead Ringer restricts the meta to a boring one that’s not fun for most to play, even though it gives the Spy more options. Hence why I think it should be banned.

That’s not fun for most to play? I enjoy playing the DR style and so do all the other DR spies. And for the 0 risk, hardly any of that is true, in high/prem everyone looks around, and if a spy has to get close for a stab it can get quite tedious. Most pyros in high/prem have a brain and will deny the spy, not to mention there’s a delay after you use your knife, a small 1-2 second cooldown before you can put your DR up, if a spy misses a stab and he gets either meatshot, headshot by an enemy spy, shot by a rocket or hit by a direct pill, he’s basically done for if the 2nd shot connects. For the 1v1 fights, let’s be real here, if a soldier hits 1 rocket or a demo hits a pipe and the second pipe/rocket or even meatshot connects, the spy is dead. With the old DR you could survive all 4 pills and 8 stickies from the demo, so you were basically immortal with the old DR, combine that with the old spycicle and you couldn’t be killed by anything. Even though there’s a speedboost for 6 seconds, it’s so easy to predict a spy if you got a bunch of brains, not just a milk scout but a soldier or demo could also predict the spy by anticipating with projectiles. Honestly, I think the IW allows for a lot more useful picks and specific ones that actually matter for the team, I personally switch regularly between the IW, CnD or DR whenever I feel like to. Still, banning it will only make the spy so much more predictable and destroys variety for us.

For the part about the “fun based whitelist” you can’t have one because everyone has a different perspective about what’s fun or not. Most people dislike the DR, but I myself absolutely hate milk, even before the new DR, just how the DR is a sad excuse to get out of a fight, the milk is a sad excuse for a free 1v1 kill. Same goes for the jarate, a free buschwacka kill or mini-crits that fucks up an entire team if thrown properly. A blackbox soldier with conch is just as hard to kill as a DR spy, I haven’t heard anyone ever complain about the conch with blackbox combo, sometimes these topics are super biased and everyone always uses the same arguments like I mentioned before. “DR is hard to kill” “DR is easy” that’s basically it.

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Nightmare

jesus fucking christ can you please try to make your arguments readable without giving people aneurysms

also

Quoted from scrambled

If you want to refute my point, explain to me how the dead ringer enhances the gameplay for classes that aren’t spy.

If you’re going to completely miss my point and just go on some ramble again I’m just going to dismiss your argument completely.

Last edited by scrambled,

Nightmare

wL.

Quoted from scrambled

[…]
jesus fucking christ can you please try to make your arguments readable without giving people aneurysms

I worked all day, I’m tired, and I’m pretty sure you get the gist.

Quoted from scrambled

[…]If you want to refute my point, explain to me how the dead ringer enhances the gameplay for classes that aren’t spy.

Depends whether this is for your own team or the enemy, because honestly why would you want to enhance gameplay for the enemy when your goal is to make your own team win.

Counter question: How does the tomislav enhances gameplay for classes that aren’t heavy?

Last edited by Nightmare,

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Nightmare

why would you want to enhance gameplay for the enemy when your goal is to make your own team win.

https://webmshare.com/play/4ewP4

“I genuinely cant tell if nightmares memeing
or hes just this retarded”

Quoted from Nightmare

Counter question: How does the tomislav enhances gameplay for classes that aren’t heavy?

The tomislav trades off close range damage for long range damage. Players can also get in close to him and use movement to their advantage. Also, the tomislav doesn’t particularly detract from the experience of playing against a heavy in the first place, which is the reason that I asked this question about dead ringer to begin with. It’s like you are completely missing my point.

Nightmare

wL.

Quoted from scrambled

[…]
https://webmshare.com/play/4ewP4

“I genuinely cant tell if nightmares memeing
or hes just this retarded”

[…]
The tomislav trades off close range damage for long range damage. Players can also get in close to him and use movement to their advantage. Also, the tomislav doesn’t particularly detract from the experience of playing against a heavy in the first place, which is the reason that I asked this question about dead ringer to begin with. It’s like you are completely missing my point.

The dead ringer almost has the same downsides. It trades off the ability to decloak at close range and go for specific picks due to the very loud decloak noise, compared to the IW or CnD almost silent noise. Players can also get close to a DR spy and catch him off guard, hit with him a pipe or a rocket so he can’t survive the followup shot. DR also gives away your positition a lot easier considering you’re not always invisible or lurking behind corners unlike with the IW and CnD. DR also has a mental upside, it makes people more paranoid and some even tilt because they absolutely hate it. x)

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Nightmare

somehow, missing the point again

please stop, you’re a lost cause

Nightmare

wL.

Quoted from scrambled

[…]
please stop, you’re a lost cause

https://youtu.be/BDpS28vIpsA?t=6m35s

Fuxx

REMOVE

I think I got cancer

Bulow

GG

Surely saying spy of the season winner Thalash is the most successful player goes to show how silly that metric is – not that he’s bad, but because of the bit part nature of his SNSD days. Emilio is the true greatest HL player because he has the biggest brain.

With extra but shorter seasons why not rotate bans more? Would be more interesting if the whitelist changed a little and we saw different strategies over different seasons. The worst that happens is that you play 5 games without funlocks like DR and razorback and cry that pick classes don’t win you the game. And I say this as someone who was carried by a spy who used DR most of the time for two years.

Steve!

S-O

I hope nobody wastes their time trying to read this when deciding the whitelists xD

Nice job making another feedback thread redundant with back and forth bickering and going off on tangents

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

can we allow the vita saw because the hitman’s heatmaker and direct hit counters it

extrasolar

officer
TC

Quoted from scrambled

can we allow the vita saw because the hitman’s heatmaker and direct hit counters it

I second this notion since the Dead Ringer is clearly a balanced unlock as Jarate and Mad Milk exist in this game

We should be expanding the whitelist so that the entire metagame is dictated by how one unlock counters another. If you don’t agree with me then you’re cis white male scum and you need to check your unlock privilege.

uubers

gg
gandhi is

Actually to counter vita saw you just have your own medic run vitasaw and then you are equal. simple as that

extrasolar

officer
TC

Quoted from uubers

Actually to counter vita saw you just have your own medic run vitasaw and then you are equal. simple as that

Actually to counter darwins you just have your own sniper run darwins and then you are equal. simple as that

js uubers ily but just because both teams can have someone running a degenerate unlock that doesn’t mean said unlock is healthy for the game

And if we’re so concerned with variety then why allow unlocks that force your opposite number to run them if you do the same

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from uubers

Quoted from extrasolar

[…]
We should be expanding the whitelist so that the entire metagame is dictated by how one unlock counters another. If you don’t agree with me then you’re cis white male scum and you need to check your unlock privilege.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »