Forum

Highlander Season 12 Preseason Cup: Feedback

Created 13th March 2017 @ 00:15

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

Aoshi

(Legend)
:think:
GRAHAM

Weapon unlocks, map pool, competition format, …
Complain about them as much as you like.

Steve!

S-O

Are DR and Razorback staying unbanned?

Cool that more unlocks are being opened up, though I’m pretty apprehensive about the impact of Diamondback since you get a free 102 after stabbing someone and since on some koth maps it’s very easy to build up charges from sapping.

RTR is annoying and pretty much an upgrade since you can shoot the buildings if you really need to kill them. Might make me want to consider Homewrecker for payload defense to not lose levels on dispensers/sentries.
Question: does the level downgrade happen instantly? Does building health still reset to full after deleveling (aka if you deal 100 to a sapped lvl 3 (216hp) does it downgrade to a full health lvl 2 (180) or keep the damage (116))?

Short Circuit has a lesser effect than its made out to be in my opinion. Wrangler is clearly better on defense, i think. On offense, you can survive on cart against JUST 1 demo or Solly shooting you, but there will be ideally more people shooting you. Also i think we want the pushes to be easier on most maps so that’s pretty cool. In my view, short circuit wouldn’t make or break a rounds result very often, if at all. The potential to deny a kritz is real but it would also take very good reactions and positioning from everyone involved, would be cool to see it pulled off.

Air Strike, eh… I still have a bit of PTSD from Hartz on beggars, but it remains to be seen how much of an impact it has for suicides. It’s been nerfed a bit since we last looked at it in the community i think?

Can merc btw

Last edited by Steve!,

Hammock

x22
PitO.

Diamondback is like when you see Zeman or Toast 2 hit people from a distance but even I COULD DO IT NOW (time to main spy).

SC is bae because it can do reliable damage at close range for people with bad aim and does less DPS than Shotty/Pistol if you do aim. I can also foresee Engineer rotations to combo for Demo trades but that’d lose flank impact. I’m ok with people banning it if it’s unfun to play against but DR is also unfun to play against. DR and SC are balanced either way but it depends if the whitelist is for game health or players getting mad and leaving (which leads back to game health).

Redtape is an Upgrade.

Airstrike hasn’t been used from what I’ve seen but I can see some potential uses:
Airstrike+Base Jumper/Gunboats = on Bwater first point where BLU solly sits on the cliff corner for bombs, he can glide round the corner to where med is on base jumper and unload 3 rockets. 4 if he prejumps and reloads while gliding.

Also I made a map impressions and sentry spots guide to vigil. Most teams who see this thread will have made their own strats but heres some info for the rest. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxVmkQvrqmI

Last edited by Hammock,

Hammock

x22
PitO.

edit – etf2l double posted

Last edited by Hammock,

Taka

Question: How does the team map choice work for playoffs? I can’t imagine pick and ban with 4 maps

Nightmare

wL.

Let’s see, I honestly think that the diamondback isn’t very useful. Like building up crits still means you need to hit them as well and while most of the time you’ll find yourself using the crits out of desperation to shoot someone more than going for actual useful picks. Not to mention the hit spread with the diamondback is really weird.. So I think the ambassador and revolver are both a lot more viable if you want to gun spy. I could support the diamondback being unbanned, I don’t think it’s a straight upgrade from either the revolver or amby.

The red-tape-recorder is a different story, I don’t really think it’s broken, and I don’t consider it an upgrade over the sapper. For minis it’s a present from heaven, it takes like 10-15 seconds for the mini to be destroyed which means the engie has to destroy it or wait for for that time, it basically kills mini spamming which is great. For payload it’s a 50/50, if your team is pushing in and you sap the gun, there’s a delay before the gun starts shooting again, there’s also a small delay in repairing the gun which makes the red-tape-recorder great for coordinated pushes. But if you want to kill the gun while you’re alone before the pyro comes around or the engie respawns, I prefer the normal sapper. I also think the red-tape-recorder is awful for sapping dispensers.

I think overall both the diamondback and red-tape-recorder are more of an annoyance than actual broken. I think both of them can be viable but it isn’t an upgrade over the stock options. So I think a season with both of them allowed will be pretty interesting.

Last edited by Nightmare,

HL would be more fun if we just banned all of the stupid weapons like the short circuit, atomizer etc. HL gains basically nothing from opening up the whitelist to allow all of these unfun unlocks and the game mode would be improved if we banned them, this was shown with how much more fun the cup which banned the DR and razor back was.

Also out of principle coalplant shouldn’t be used until the map maker fixes the spawns and the fact that you can shoot rockets through the walls in lower, other than that it is a better version of ashville.

STiNGHAN

inVincible

ban badwater

proky

G
9GUYS

I agree with Middle

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from STiNGHAN

ban badwater

Thank you for the extremely constructive feedback!

STiNGHAN

inVincible

Quoted from Bloodis

[…]

Thank you for the extremely constructive feedback!

What should I say more? 3rd point is broken and our “prem” experts still want to keep playing this version.

Last edited by STiNGHAN,

Steve!

S-O

Badwater pro is alright tbh. Nice QoL for the forward spawn on offence.

Third on stock badwater isn’t unpushable (clearly, since most games end on last) although it is very defense favoured. But badwater pro takes it too far with how much it gimps engie setups on third.

The same team would win every time whether badwater pro or badwater was played. So why not just stick to the most popular pub map (maybe after upward) and a staple of highlander play, instead of changing it to a different version just cause sending your sniper to boiler and coordinating your soldier to jump top left as your combo pushes tracks is such a difficult concept :v (btw exact same strategy on both versions, just can’t forward hold as defense on pro version)

Last edited by Steve!,

STiNGHAN

inVincible

Quoted from Steve!

Badwater pro is alright tbh. Nice QoL for the forward spawn on offence.

Third on stock badwater isn’t unpushable (clearly, since most games end on last) although it is very defense favoured. But badwater pro takes it too far with how much it gimps engie setups on third.

The same team would win every time whether badwater pro or badwater was played. So why not just stick to the most popular pub map (maybe after upward) and a staple of highlander play, instead of changing it to a different version just cause sending your sniper to boiler and coordinating your soldier to jump top left as your combo pushes tracks is such a difficult concept :v (btw exact same strategy on both versions, just can’t forward hold as defense on pro version)

Unbelievable. Let’s make it clear, ok? For you it’s simple, for me too, but problem is that I can only say that and that’s all. I don’t have best players in prem. Your team just won prem 3rd time, gz. You said same about DR. toast can just jump from ammo pack to ammo pack and we have to chase him. It’s simple, just get milk, flank should focus him. Maybe your team can do that, but trust me, we can’t. It’s too hard to chase him, kill your demo, flank and win game. I mean all teams and they could agree with me, but I know this community and they won’t say anything or they gonna to defend you. About stock badwater, this version is broken and we should do something. If you don’t have problem with badwater or DR, that doesn’t mean we don’t have too

Last edited by STiNGHAN,

4hp

After yesterday’s games

– keep air strike banned. Played against it and it’s superior to the bazooka in every way, more rockets, better explosion radius and ability to aim those rockets. As pyro it’s awful because you can reflect one but the other three can still kill your medic.

– I got really tilted playing against nightmare in coalplant but thinking of it the issue was the map rather than him being DR amby as usual. Coalplant is way, way too open for HL imo. Makes it super easy for sniping classes to dominate, and makes the sentry spot on shutter a bit too strong as well. Ashville > coalplant

– people didn’t really use other unlocks. I saw the diamondback for a couple lives but I think someone with good aim gets more out of the amby. I don’t like the item though, being able to sap a teleporter and get 204 damage to put on a class of your choice very easily is iffy at best. Still unsure about this.

EmilioEstevez

GG

Short circuit and airstrike shouldn’t be banned. Neither are overpowered, they’re just kind of annoying to play against sometimes.

I do hate the idea of the diamondback (especially getting crits for sapping, whoever thought that was a good idea needs to be lobotomized) and red tape recorder but in general I’d rather see the whitelist opening up than arbitrarily keeping things banned.

Badwater is fine, the pro version just takes us further away from pubs and they have completely gimped third hold. It’s not like it’s impossible to push third if you do it right and we have frequently found ourselves pushing last for longer than third anyway.

Quoted from STiNGHAN

[…]I don’t have best players in prem. Your team just won prem 3rd time, gz.

Which is an argument for listening to what he has to say since he is obviously doing something right.

Quoted from STiNGHAN

[…]
You said same about DR. toast can just jump from ammo pack to ammo pack and we have to chase him. It’s simple, just get milk, flank should focus him. Maybe your team can do that, but trust me, we can’t. It’s too hard to chase him, kill your demo, flank and win game.

Just because you can’t deal with Toast doesn’t mean the weapons are automatically overpowered, maybe he’s just very good? There are lots of DR spies out there, if that style of play is so overpowered then you can just use it against us.

As for chasing DR spies behind, stop doing that. You are getting baited and he doesn’t even have to get any kills to stop you achieving your objective.

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »